1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

Architect Application from _SenorBear

Discussion in 'Denied' started by xAlexBearx, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xAlexBearx

xAlexBearx Hey baby we hear the blue's a callin' . . Staff Member Architect

Member Name _SenorBear

Additional In Game Names: Current In-Game Name: xAlexBearx

How old are you? 17

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 1 - 4 hours per day

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 2 - 6 hours per day

Have you ever been architect or builder on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's Lizoi
    CluelessKlutz
    Lady_Hestia
    TheHeadHunter1

Introduction: Hey! As most of you know, my name is Alex. I live in Chicago, Illinois and love pizza, hotdogs, and basically anything 'Chicago' themed. I'm a studious person when I feel like it, but can be lazy on the other hand. I love to read, draw, and most importantly sing and perform in shows. I guess I enjoy a ton of things, but I certainly most like being in choir and enjoying theatre class. My favorite subject is english, which kind of lead me more towards the arts because of the idea of creativity and having really no strict rules in writing. I love to read classical books, but I wander around in different genres in my spare time. My passion for creativity and art also lead me to architecture where I could be creative and write my own rules. Over all, I tend to be a social and outgoing person but could be really intense when engaged in an argument or debate. Hopefully, now you know a bit more about me!

Why should you be Architect? These are a few traits that show why I should be an architect.

-Creativity: Like mentioned in my introduction, I'm a creative person and like to think outside the box rather then playing it safe. I strive to make my builds creative, innovative, and abstract by using new ideas that people haven't used before. A lot of times they simply don't work and other times they do. However, it gives me the satisfaction of knowing that I'm doing the best I can to try to be unique and different with my builds.

-Problem Solving: Whenever there's a problem that stands in my way, before I give up I want to try solving it and executing it in the best way possible. I have a compelling work ethic that allows me to constantly try to think of solutions and work until I find one or know that I need to take another route.

-Work Ethic: To elaborate on the last paragraph, I not only work hard to find solutions but I work hard in general to achieve my goals and to make the best build possible. Sometimes I could get discouraged and loose my motivation, but I have a tendency to pick myself up and accomplish it.

-Collaboration: I'm a very collaborative person. I like to work with others and I always try to work something out among me and the other person. I'm not a controlling person, so I'm always happy to hear other peoples ideas and try to fuse mine with theirs to get the best result possible.

-Leadership: If need be, I could be a good leader that can manage my group in a successful way. Once again, I'm not a controlling person so I'm generous when another person has a different idea or there's a conflict. When being a leader, I stay on task and strive to be efficient.

-Innovative: This is most likely one of my strongest traits. I'm quick to brew some new ideas that can be fun and unique. I'm not a dreamer, so if an idea doesn't work out I can be realistic. I love to plan things so organizing new and refreshing concepts is my cup of tea.

What builds have you completed on the server and where might they be located? Usually, this would be the part where I would post a link to imgur or share some files that show my builds. So, where are my builds? Am I a talker but don't show proof? Sadly, most of the builds that I have are either lost or have been swept away. It's a weak excuse, but only the truth remains. I am a builder in legend, so If you would like to see a little taste of what I can do currently, ask a staff member to teleport you to Venice. (I built the spawn and some of the houses). Fragments of my other builds that were good are still existent, like last years Easter Building Competition. Lastly, as most of you know I was a builder on a 'different server' and have made some skywars maps and other mini games. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you'll see eventually. If anyone else has some other builds of mine, feel free to ask them.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I feel like I should mention a weakness too:

Strongly Opinionated: To a certain extent, I could get heated when feeling that an certain idea is unjust or if there's something that just doesn't sit right with me. Part of me everyday is changing this because instead of following the rules I could stand my ground. The other part of me won't ever change this, because it's my personality and what makes me, me. I need to work on setting the water from a 'boil' sometimes to perhaps a 'simmer'.

How much experience do you have using Voxel and Worldedit? I might be a bit rusty since it's been 3 - 4 months since I've used it, but I know I'll immediately know once I use it. I have a lot of experience using complex world edit because I've used it for work that is the same or similar as meep's. I don't have as much knowledge of voxel as world edit, but I have no doubt I'll learn more.

Build Picture Uploads: (From what little I could find, here's some images)
    FunkyIMG — Free image hosting!

Build Picture Link: (This shows large voxel/world edit skills)
    Gyazo - 857cc0495252289e11d81848c39aa20c.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. Vexmae

Vexmae St★rGazer

Massive +1 to this, You helped me with the walls of my little hobbit hole in creative and it looks amazing, the only issue is proof with pictures. try to add some of them and you're good to go! Good Luck! <3

xAlexBearx likes this.
  3. xAlexBearx

If anyone is skeptical about my builds, dm me and there's a certain reason why it's not necessarily bad.

4. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

Heyo snor! Is it possible if you can include any pictures at all rather than have players ask Legend staff members to show them? Even at times, there could be problems with doing so, so it'd be best if you include the pictures through another post.

Lady_Hestia and xAlexBearx like this.
  5. Liz

Liz Popular Meeper

+1
    You are such an amazing builder and you definitely deserve Arch

Good luck :)

xAlexBearx and TheHeadHunter1 like this.
  6. TheHeadHunter1

TheHeadHunter1 Popular Meeper

+1

xAlexBearx and Liz like this.
  7. 0zblox

0zblox Popular Meeper Staff Member Architect

Please upload images to the app :)

xAlexBearx likes this.
  8. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

I love you but I'm gonna be harsh
    You're building skill are definitely good enough to get you a spot on the team however working with you on anything is impossible. You have good intentions but you make everyone want to pull their hair out. Working with you on naturalis and in Legend I notice you are always getting involved in stuff that you aren't supposed to and trying to take charge of something else that isn't your job. When I ask you to build something it may take you days or it won't get done at all because you are always trying to add but that's not necesary. You also tend to disobey people in charge such as myself and ck. I know you don't get angry anymore but I still walk on eggshells around you because you use to get so angry. The meep team is stricter than naturalis. If you get in an argument you always have excuses for why it's not your fault. And you spam shout with weird nonsense and sometimes borderline offensive "jokes" that aren't actually funny. That's not someone you want representing the server.
    Your heart is in the right place and you're an extremely talented builder but just go with to flow and don't try to add.
    -1 because I know you will cause conflicts.
    (sorry i still love you)

9. xAlexBearx

This is something that bugs me too, and I do struggle with. Sometimes with new ideas I get so caught up in them that I might want to do them myself. (Once again, I know and realize when an idea is realistic but I need to slow down with it and know my place,)

Also, I'm sorry for the rude comments or jokes I might make towards you and ck. It's just that I'm used to making more sarcastic and blunt jokes to my friends when I don't actually mean what I say. I've experienced something similar to this recently and I should be more sensitive to other people's humor and flexible with what's appropriate to them. Thank you for the criticism because it's something I forgot.

This is something I will continue to work on and improve.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  10. MiniArch_

MiniArch_ Popular Meeper Staff Member Architect

Hey snorbear,

So a couple things man both +1 and -1. First, good job on finally applyin.....about time lol. I have had the opportunity to build with you on many occasions and see your talent, on top of that we've gotten to be really good friends. As lady hestia said you can sometimes be a pain to work with but I don't think that you are to bad. Also, while ik most of your/our builds were in the old creative or on others servers, I would have liked to see maybe a larger scale built in creative to really see a big push. But from what I've seen in the past and of the pictures you uploaded in your app, I will give you a +1.

P.S. Why wasn't I put in your ref? Like for real

Good luck!

Miniarch

Edit: I apologize I did not see that last link to the larger map. I love it, I was able to watch you make it and the amount of speed it took you was crazy, also the dedication you out into it. +1 again

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  11. Zarduck

Zarduck Popular Meeper

+1 especially like your example of your work with Voxel/WE looks great :D

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  12. Natsu

Natsu Popular Meeper

Hey Snor,

I like your builds and I agree that they are arch worthy. Your application was very nicely done, one of the only architect applications that I was impressed by. Good job on that!

I really wish I can get to know you better and I know that you are great (because you've managed to work under a troll and King of Nerds)

What Hestia said does worry me, so I think you should really consider that and good luck!

+/- from me

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  13. CasualMow

CasualMow Popular Meeper

Im confused on what to say on the builds so -/+ on that also you dont seem active In game much (I don't see you ) also the one time i saw you in /g impossible to work with
    suggestions
    - be nicer in chat
    - Make yourself known (like me but in a good way)
    - add a little blush to the builds (I see lots of blocks but not lots of stuff like pots or paintings)
    so i think in total its just confusing what to put but right now im at 50%

14. xAlexBearx

Eh, I'm on everday for atleast a minimum of an hour or more. Usually I'm on for a couple hours, but being on everyday and checking up on things is my priority. Maybe we have different timezones or just miss each other. If you're doubtful, /seen me.

"be nicer in chat"
    If you've only seen me online once, wouldn't it be hard to base an opinion like this if you haven't seen me regularly?

"impossible to work with suggestions"
    Could you elaborate? Once again, if you've seen me once, how could you make an opinion like that?

"add a little blush to the builds"
    Personally, I don't think it'd be appropriate to have paintings on the exterior of the builds since that's not really 'typical'. All my builds showed only exterior rather than interior too. Maybe I should of included more interior and inside design (I'll try to find some photos or make some samples).

Most of this post seems confusing to me and unclear. If you'd respond and explain where it happened and how, I'd appreciate it :]
    --- Double Post Merged, May 16, 2017, Original Post Date: May 16, 2017 ---
    I encourage anyone to do so and I'm happy to discuss it.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    DarkKnight49x and Lady_Hestia like this.
  15. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

+0.5

Pros:
    1.) Extremely talented
    2.) Very creative
    3.) Hard working (when you work)
    4.) You always have an open mind.
    5.) Very funny
    6.) You do have a good problem solving skills

Cons:
    1.) Leadership - I mark this one (only for you) as a negative. Normally this is a great thing but you almost have too much leadership. To the point that it bugs you if you aren't in charge.
    2.) It's almost your way or the high way, kinda thing. If someone wants your help on a build, you build what you want and will randomly start tweaking things.

Alex, you are extremely talented (I'm jealous) Venice has turned out amazing as well as pretty much anything I have seen you do. You are creative with building and setting up extremely hard games. Just learn to work hand and hand and not take over the project 100%, keep an open mind when working with others.

I think you would benefit the team positively, goodluck!

MiniArch_ likes this.
  16. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

Your builds make me wana cry <3 (and that persuasive texture pack), +1,

Anyway, you're a great person to debate with,
    you build awesome,
    you keep trying when people put you down,
    open mind,
    hard working.
    +1

17. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts Staff Member Super Mod

This application has been unsuccessful but if you continue to strive towards the architect role and show us your capabilities to apply again I wish for all the best. We judge from the images provided and believe there can be improvements with buildings but with that said your w/e skills are decent so you are on the right track.

Klitch and Pmx728 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.