1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/x7ZtfbJ
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

BlendyCat's Guide to SkyBlock for Beginners

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by BlendyCat, Feb 25, 2016.

1. BlendyCat

BlendyCat Hipster for Life ♥

You may have tried out skyblock before and found yourself having a hard time getting enough materials and expanding your island.

Gathering Materials:
    -Build a cobble generator

TIP: if your cobble generator set-up fails horribly and you end up with a obsidian. Don't panic. You can right click the obsidian with an empty bucket to get back a lava bucket.

-Expand the island to fill the area below the tree with cobble so that it will catch all the saplings that drop from the leaves.

-Make sure you get as much dirt as possible for farming later.

TIP: If you fall off your island, quickly type in /is to teleport back to your island so that you will not lose your items. Chances are that you will die, however, your items will be there when you re-spawn.

TIP: If you use /challenges, a window will pop up and if you complete those challenges you can get new materials!!

Expanding your Island:
    -Expand your island in a square or rectangle sort of fashion

-Do not expand your island using dirt (you will see why later)

-Use cobble for now

-Once it's pretty wide, continue expanding by building walls around the perimeter. Now you can add levels to your island.

-Once you're done with the walls, build an external platform for a tree farm. make about 10 tree slots. Dirt blocks should be placed at least 4 blocks away from the nearest dirt block.

-Now you should get enough wood to continue expanding with planks instead. It will now be more efficient than cobblestone.

TIP: If you need some extra materials, try /is warps to go to some skyblock shops that use meebles rather than SB Coins.

TIP: Using stone bricks instead of cobblestone will get your /is level higher faster.

Thanks for reading! Happy Skyblocking!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    boombox123, cooey, 2leah2 and 4 others like this.
  2. KaiUsesThis

KaiUsesThis Popular Meeper

This has happened more times to me than what I'd like to admit. .-.

SuperDyl, fasehed and BlendyCat like this.
  3. BlendyCat

Me too

4. AstronautPrince

AstronautPrince Meeper

Really helpful, Thanks!

SuperDyl and BlendyCat like this.
  5. BlendyCat

:D Glad to hear

6. Lord_Walrus

Lord_Walrus Popular Meeper

Using stone bricks gives you more levels I believe.

SuperDyl and BlendyCat like this.
  7. BlendyCat

Added. Thanks

8. TechnoTyson

TechnoTyson Popular Meeper

Nice job blendy tbh i didn't know u could pick up obby

BlendyCat likes this.
  9. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Active Meeper

Resurrecting old forums posts is not good, and thus cannot be done by God or Jesus Christ. Are you by chance one of the false Christs as spoken in Revelations? I knew the Second Coming had to be near when I saw the US election candidates!

10. MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle Meeper

This is very helpful, thanks!

11. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Active Meeper

I'm sorry if that's true. Not that I dislike the name, but I imagine it must be annoying at times to be named as such. It might have helped avoid confusion to not choose a painting of Jesus Christ from the Bible.

Of course, if you mean to say your THE Jesus Christ as Christianity believes in, then I don't believe you when you say your forums account is run by God.

12. smkorpi

smkorpi Popular Meeper Staff Member Helper

It's a skyblock thread and I haven't commented on it (I guess this changes it).

Anyhow, while this thread is old, it still has some good material (tips mostly).

Doing /is for instance doesn't kill you anymore if you fell off your island. You also can't buy stuff using meebles anymore, and the skybucks are made only through challenges.

If you want my honest opinion (and what I normally do) I would set up a temporary settlement giving 0 cares about the resources (except the water and lava) and do the challenges (/c) until you get four spruce saplings. Once you have these saplings, make a two by two spruce tree. Collect this tree, and expand using the wood and replanting the saplings.

Your next issue would probably be mobs. Now that you have some room for activities, mobs are probably spawning and slapping you around. I smelted spruce logs and got charcoal, then used that charcoal to get more charcoal, then used some of thatfor torches. It makes me feel good to do a specific torch pattern (3-4 blocks between each torch specifically; my current island has a varying pattern because I included a floor pattern and wanted the torches to somewhat correspond) but I HIGHLY suggest you choose some kind of pattern so that you can be sure no mobs will spawn (because the only thing worse than having mobs spawn, is dying to those mobs, which I have done a lot of).

Once you have room for activities and no mobs making your day much harder, you can continue doing some challenges and racking up those skybucks. After this point, hopefully you should have iron armor and tools from challenge rewards and such. And at this point is where I start going at it.

The /is ms sells red stone for very cheap. This means you can make an efficient stone generator for very cheap and very early on. Like blendy cat said about a year ago, stone brick gives more island levels. So once you have a stone gen (stone also mines faster than cobble) you can get cracking with a mob farm (if you're me, temporary bc there is always something better) and get some xp. Keep on keeping on with those challenges, and get a full blown enchantment table going. Personally, I just bought the sugarcane from another player bc I didn't set up a farm for it, but you do you. Once you have an enchantment table you probably did some challenges and can make a diamond pickaxe. I suggest waiting to do a level 30 enchant until the shown enchantment is silk touch. Once that is there, grind out your mob farm and get yourself a silk God pickaxe (well, hopefully efficiency IV un Breaking III Silk touch if you're lucky).

If you get to the eff IV ub III Silk touch diamond pickaxe, get back to me so I can go play skyblock and make sure you don't pass my island in levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperDyl likes this.