1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/M53X5Zz
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

creepersareokay - banana peel

Discussion in 'Denied' started by creepersareokay, Sep 16, 2017.

1. creepersareokay

creepersareokay Celebrity Meeper

Additional In Game Names: DutchKlecals (the one that's banned)

When you were banned: September 15, 2017 at about 5:30 EDT

Reason for ban: "Toxicity ban/staff impersonation makes a better welcoming"

What kind of ban are you appealing? In-game

Ban Length: Permanent

Staff member who issued ban: oKling

What have you learned and why should we trust you to do better?
    Ok, a little background. Yesterday, I changed my alt's name (as I do every month), this time to "DutchKlecals". I logged on, and after some admittedly irresponsible antics, I found myself perm bannan'd by Kling for the reason listed above. To explain "makes a better welcoming"; after Kling called me a "pest" (I had no idea if he was being serious and if this was an actual warning, but I guess he was and I should've heeded it), I jokingly replied with something along the lines of, "but i just joined the server how can i be a pest xddd" and was greeted with the ban.

It probably seems pointless to do. Rename your alt to something impersonating staff and come online just to mock them. And to a certain extent, yeah, it was pointless. I'll be honest, I was bored, logged on to mojang.com, and saw that the name could be changed again. However, I wouldn't call what I was doing staff impersonation. One of the first things I did when I got on was, after being "outed" as not the real Klutch, say something like, "i'd say i am but i'd get banned for staff impersonation." Honestly, I tried to make it as clear as possible that I wasn't "impersonating" Klutch. I was being purposely over-the-top to clear up any confusion there may have been. This is also where the "toxicity" part of the ban comes in. The joke wasn't at the expense of Klutch, it was at the expense of people like me in the not-so-distant past that ran the jokes we made about him into the ground. "LolLOOl Xddd klutch said 'stop complaining' he hate le playerbase" etc. It was an attempt to be self-aware and kinda shed off that immaturity, but I guess it completely backfired.

Despite this, I won't act like I'm totally innocent. I could've been more clear that I wasn't actually Mr. Decals, I could've tried not to be annoying in /g, or, you know, I could've just not done any of it at all. I think one of my biggest flaws is that I don't know when to quit joking around until something forces me to stop. And you know what? I think the ban was pretty sufficient in that sense. I also now understand the spam I pump into global on a daily basis, but I guess I'm coming to that realization a little too late.

Lastly, even though the joke wasn't really directed towards him, I feel like I owe an actual apology to KlutchDecals. For the past year, hell maybe even two, I've really done nothing but make fun of him, and even I felt like sometimes I was disagreeing with him just for the sake of it. As a hypothetical, if he wanted to add more minigames, I'd say, "lol like we have enough players to fill those xd." If he wanted to get rid of minigames no one played in order to free up space, it's "lO L klutch hates us." In a way, it's almost generous the amount of patience he's had to not just get rid of me for good.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know:
    Despite the fact that I'm banned for quite a bit more than 1 day, I'd like to quote the late, great snowy7777 in his first ban appeal.

2. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts Staff Member Super Mod

By the way you were mocking a staff member it was like a banned player would, surprised for you to be acting like that though.
    You said: ''whats a better welcoming oKling'' after I said ''I know a better welcoming'', the ban was the follow up. It's unprofessional but I was providing a laugh much like you were at someones expense, I don't find a reason to be dead serious with someone like that.

''It probably seems pointless to do. Rename your alt to something impersonating staff and come online just to mock them.'' I rarely do toxicity bans but for an account to come online and do just that there is no need for them on the server.

Leaving the decision to someone else, just adding my 2 cents.

3. creepersareokay

creepersareokay Celebrity Meeper

Apologies, accidentally left that bit out. Went back in logs to find the full context, it's:

oKling: Welcome to Meep! (it's important to point out that he was saying this to another player who just joined)
    DutchKlecals: thanks okling
    oKling: yw pest
    DutchKlecals: tfw you join and are immediately called a pest
    oKling: You know what makes it a better welcoming
    DutchKlecals: what makes it a better welcoming okling?

I disagree with the second part though, I don't really think adding a bit of humor in a ban reason is unprofessional, as long as you're sure of the ban reason.
    That quote was me portraying what other people would think of the ban on a surface level, I later explained in the appeal that while it was pointless and I wouldn't do it again, it wasn't a joke at the expense of Klutch, it was mostly at the expense of me. It was to point out the absurdity and repetition of people like myself. As I said,
    I also disagree with it being "staff impersonation." I tried to make it clear that I was not Klutch and if anyone else asked, I had full intentions of telling them that, as I did to Teddy

iKitten and Kling like this.
  4. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts Staff Member Super Mod

Yeah you may not have meant for it to be portrayed by the expenses of staff member but it certainly did appear like that to many, ought to think things through more before doing them.

SuperDyl and creepersareokay like this.
  5. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz King of the Nerds Staff Member Super Mod

This appeal is denied until the account name is changed.

SuperDyl likes this.