1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

FamousZAmos - Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Ban_Appeal, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Ban_Appeal

Ban_Appeal New Meeper

Member Name

In-Game Name(s): FamousZAmos

What kind of ban are you appealing? Discord

Forum Account Name(s): forums account got nuked :(

Discord Name: Zamos#7496

Alternative Contact Method:

When you were banned: 1-14 or 1-15

Why were you banned? unrelated topics in the #suggestions channel

Why we should consider your appeal: it's been a week for unrelated topics, idk why I'd be banned longer. I'm borderline somewhat helpful in the discord at times, and I won't do it again I guess

I recommend adding a mute function to discord - you guys are smart enough to use the tools provided to you, there's no reason for discord bans to be serious or waste the dwindling staff team's time

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I don't really know what to say other than "I won't do it again" so I'll explain why a suggestions channel in the discord is a terrible idea:

- the forums exist
    - discord is for instant messaging. "Instant" means thought isn't put into suggestions at the same level they are on the forums
    - discord has a character limit (a pretty small one) so you can't flesh out topics or use easy-to-read formats on discord
    - people who are banned from forums usually aren't banned from the discord, so why let them contribute in one place not another
    - forums is drastically easier to regulate and harder to troll than discord. At the very least, activate slowmode in the suggestions channel.
    - forums allows people to discuss ideas more effectively
    - the mature players use forums (in most cases) drastically more than the immature ones (who in most cases use discord)
    - the channel isn't going to be used by anyone who knows what they're talking about, or they'd be using forums.

thanks for reading, smash subscribe if you're new to FamousZAmos ban appeals, and decimate that like button for a chance to win a free $15 amazon gift card

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2019
    cooey, Marshy_88, Meznik and 5 others like this.
  2. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin Staff Member Administrator

Denied, you were not banned for unrelated topics but inappropriate content. See me on Discord to recieve examples of this.