1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

Gay Rights In 2018?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Zer0000000000, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Enron

Enron Popular Meeper

Alright first of all, there is no “old days”. There have always been gay people, they just used to be better at hiding it because they’d get killed if they didn’t. And if you want to talk about traditional, gay sex was common between men in Ancient Rome and Greece, it was accepted as a normal thing there. It wasn’t really considered bad until the Catholic takeover of pretty much everything during the Middle Ages.

You can’t claim that “people are heterosexual, it should be as simple as that”. Nothing in this world is ever simple, there’ll always be things that go against whatever worldview you may have. And honestly being gay isn’t really that complicated. People can be attracted to the opposite sex, or to their own sex, or both, it’s not that hard to wrap your head around.

So far, you’ve provided no argument for why gay people shouldn’t have rights other than your personal dislike for them.

kwagscraft and EllieEllie like this.
  2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

What old days?
    Lgbt has literally existed forever.
    Even some animals do the gay.
    You just see more of it because the internet exists.

FamousZAmos likes this.
  3. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Welcome to meepcraft.

4. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

why

Enron likes this.
  5. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

I hate the gays, let's put them on a stake

nhjed likes this.
  6. riri30

riri30 The Fake Ironman Staff Member Mod

Why deny rights to people who have done nothing except have the courage to be themselves?
    I think the idea of imposing a standard of “this is the way it should be” and using biology to disprove something that is purely emotional, love, is completely ridiculous.

7. Enron

Enron Popular Meeper

Well love, and emotions for that matter, are biological. Love is just a combination of hormones and our instincts trying to find a mate. Even though nowadays we have cars and houses and automatic bread slicers, we're still just animals when it really comes down to it.

But, to bring biology into it, many animal species exhibit homosexuality in nature. Scientists still aren't sure why the trait evolved but some popular theories are that it means more adults around to care for the young, or as a method of slowing population growth. It is biology that makes people gay, so you can't use biology as an argument to refute it.

8. TheFurtiveDude

TheFurtiveDude Popular Meeper

I don't see why you want to control other people. They should have every right anyone has. The United States is a religiously free country, and the government shouldn't be able to create laws based on religious beliefs (since that is a major reason that people are homophobic).
    Pope Francis tells gay man: 'God made you like that' - CNN
    As the pope said, "It doesn't matter" that people are gay. You shouldn't try to control someone based on their sexuality. People need to stop hating.

Muunkee and lollisweet101 like this.
  9. Zer0000000000

Zer0000000000 Popular Meeper

- CNN

10. Jonnehboi

Jonnehboi Meeper

Since you are either incapable or too lazy to do further research, here's a Fox News article.

The fact of the matter is that people do not want to be forced to be what you tell them to be. Gender and sexuality are quite fluid, and oppressing or discriminating against these fellow humans makes you quite reprehensible in my opinion. You are openly willing to alienate and call the removal of rights for a group of people who suffer from mental health issues and suicide as a direct result of your ideas. I support free speech. You are allowed to have your own opinions, but understand the repercussions if you fight for your ideas.

11. Enron

Enron Popular Meeper

What does the article being by CNN have to do with it? It’s a quote from THE POPE. Talk about a regressive mindset, you seem like the kind of person that says “Just trolled a libtard cuck, epic style” unironically

Muunkee likes this.
  12. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Muunkee, Enron and alex77034 like this.
  13. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

I'm alright with gay marriage, just not when blacks do it.

legendcaleb and nhjed like this.
  14. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

I’m a gay black cancer surviving vegan atheist and I’m highly offended by this post