1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

Helper Application from lollisweet101

Discussion in 'Applications' started by lollisweet101, Dec 3, 2017.

1. riri30

riri30 International Chocolate Eater

Hi Lolli,
    You’re a great person, you have a lot of personality, and overall, you’re pleasant to be around. However, you do sometimes tend to change your mood and snap at people very very quickly. This is something which is pretty important considering, you’ll have to deal with a lot of modreqs as a Helper, and some may take a lot longer than others, and it can get annoying if you let your bad mood get the best of you. Though I’m a -1 right now, please, if this doesn’t get accepted, reapply in the near future when you’ve worken on this.
    Best of luck!
    This should have stayed between both of you, it was something private, I mean I could get it if it was local, world or global chat, but this is a private message to someone she obviously had a friendship with, though I’m not justifying that what she said was right. And sure, it could have affected your own vote, but there’s no reason to post something like this here.

Trexy, iKitten, Pmx728 and 4 others like this.
  2. ScaredyPants

ScaredyPants Professor in Wumbology

I can see you're trying but in game it's kinda gone out of hand. I've seen you say rude things about people then saying jk or something. That's not really a mature thing to do, is it?

Plus you have a bad attitude if you keep saying 'I will never get staff'. You gotta believe in yourself, if you fail, keep trying.

iKitten likes this.
  3. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Meeper

I only do that because other people- oml I need to get a grip I need to stop worrying about fitting in. o-o

4. Trexy

Trexy Popular Meeper

I am very sorry for posting this private conversation @lollisweet101 , @riri30 , and everyone else. I have removed the post and hope I didn't offend anybody too much. I will be more careful on what I post next time.
    EDIT:
    Over the past day or two, I have thought about what I posted and how very wrong it was. I will now think longer before I post something that might hurt someone. As I said before, I am truly sorry.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017 at 10:11 AM
    riri30 likes this.
  5. AdrianIsEpic

AdrianIsEpic Popular Meeper

When I first met boom I thought he was like 16. Age is just a number.

PeriHeika, iKitten and Vexmae like this.
  6. xAlexBearx

xAlexBearx Hey baby we hear the blue's a callin' . . Staff Member Architect

Your application was okay and you’ve acted better than in the past, but you’ve still got a way to go. I think your a little too immature for the position, and giving it a year might be better for you.

Good luck in the future!

iKitten likes this.
  7. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts Staff Member Super Mod

What you need to do is stop contradicting yourself and placing blame on others because you'll never improve. Be yourself in the future and have more confidence when the odds are against you.

Klitch and riri30 like this.
  8. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

Hey there Lolli. This will probably get deleted for overposting since the limit is only 1 post per app but we'll see. xd

So, I do see you as a staff member. Or at least feel that you can be a staff member. However, there are a lot of things that make me see you not fit for staff just yet.
    Your comments on certain posts here are what some people will most likely reference later on during the week before apps are down once again. As I said earlier, you should really just thank the person for posting and move on. And if you see a problem with their response, believing that they're incorrect, talk to them in message, rather than arguing with them here.

You're quite immature for your age. You're not as equivalent to me nor mega but you're kinda like bloody ghost immature, who isn't immature all the time, but there are a few times when he is. However, you mentioning boom with age is something I'd like to point out. Boom is young, I will agree. But he's someone who shows true maturity for his age. He's basically pure, kinda like Clue, but is much more fun than Clue, who's boring all the time. And look at Cuddly, who just applied. She's the same age as you, yet she is very different from you, as she shows maturity and is basically pure. Saying you're trying to fit in isn't right. Of course, there are people who act immature all the time, but even there are times when we act respective and mature to others, such as myself. (This doesn't include messages, such as what Trexy posted, which was truly uncalled for seeing that it was a private message, and should rather be said in words rather than depicted through the picture which was meant to be private.)

Your app itself is fine. I like the intro, even though I already know you a little bit from previous talks we've had. I've known you, or at least have seen your name for the longest time, since when I joined I believe, and when you began making youtube videos of you and mario kart. However, something to note is your references. Earlier, when you had posted this app, you had Ellie, Ninja, and Kling as your references. Yet they are now gone. Ellie said she never agreed to be a part of your reference which kinda shows me you're trying to get staff just for the fun of it, believing if you get the best of the best on your list, they'll be able to vouch for you. It works like that, but without their consent, they'll prove you wrong and everyone will see that you lied.

I know you can be helper lolli. Don't bring yourself down, believing you won't ever get staff. Look at Kling for example. He was demoted, a bit toxic, yet got staff back. We can change rather easily. It just takes time and effort to show that you can be staff. You just gotta work for it.

xAlexBearx likes this.
  9. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz King of the Nerds Staff Member Super Mod

That is quite the opposite of how the process works. Each applicant must be judged without a sense of bias. Hence, the reason I forbade myself from any part of the decision to accept him to the team.
    Per the current rules, you are allowed 2 posts: a comment, and a reply to the response provided by the applicant (if applicable).

Now, onto the main focus of this. Lolli, you are quite an interesting person. I've seen you work with people, and can befriend some of the newer players quite well in a short amount of time. In addition, I've seen you attempting to assist other players on numerous occasions. However, I do not believe you have the ability to work with those you disagree with efficiently. You can't pick and choose who you work with on the team, which means you require the ability to respect those with a drastically different opinion. I also foresee issues with trying to help the ones who file modreqs. Quite honestly, people will just frustrate you sometimes. They will bash every decision you make. They will question your judgement. It's all part of the job. Staff members must maintain a level of professionalism when dealing with situations, especially the more unsavory characters. At this time, I simply do not foresee you operating as a staff member in a way that benefits the server.

As a final note, take the advice people offer, it is more valuable than you know. Don't allow what others say to ever discourage you from your goal, yet listen to what they say, and try to find the solution. Best of luck!

10. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Meeper

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I am devoted to taking that advice and making myself better. I'm not very upset, I feel glad that people are honest and aren't saying nice things to be kind. I'll make sure to proofread all of these comments and take that advice. (I forgot you had to ask to be a reference, my sincere apologies...)

iKitten and smkorpi like this.
  11. PeriHeika

PeriHeika Popular Meeper

You want to be noticed, you want people to love you and for you to be loved back, you want to be respected. Those are natural things to want, but knowing this means your application is only in your own self-interest.
    While you may enjoy conversing with others and making new friends, I also know you refuse to cooperate with people who you disagree with.
    I am glad you understand your weaknesses, but being impulsive is a huge setback.
    I highly suggest considering what Clueless has said.
    To anyone who commented "immaturity" or "you're too young": that is not helpful feedback. Immaturity conveys a wide variety of traits and doesn't explain what someone needs to do in order to improve. Age is something no one has control over, and there have been plenty of younger staff on the server before, so if you actually want someone to fix themselves you can't use these arguments.
    Just a peeve.

iKitten, FamousZAmos, Trexy and 3 others like this.
  12. EllieEllie

EllieEllie

I know it may not seem like it because it's for a server on a game and it's a voluntary position, but you gotta treat these things with a certain level of professionalism. Applying for staff on here, even though it's a game, is similar to applying for a job in real life. It would be like me putting @onceuponajano 's mum down or something. I get that you might have forgotten but that indicates to me you haven't really done your research on what an application should really contain. References are people that, with their consent, agree to be named on your application so potential employers can refer to them in order to gain well rounded opinions on things like reliability, attitude, work ethic etc. The trouble is when you put one person's name on without asking, it's gonna make people wonder who else is on there without being asked, yknow?

This is true, he absolutely refused to comment on it. Boom gained staff through his own merit, no one else's. he's also more not boring than clue..

I think once you gain more confidence you'll be fine, but I know you really care about what other people think and you can't have that much worry about pleasing people hanging over your head.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 12:59 PM