1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

Helper Application from lollisweet101

Discussion in 'Denied' started by lollisweet101, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Pmx728

Pmx728 Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Media

You are super sweet, but I honestly feel you are just too immature and bias to handle situations.

MeepLord27 likes this.
  2. Trexy

Trexy Popular Meeper

Hello, yes, hi, I am still here
    +.5 ... I don't know if you can keep your personal feelings away from conflicts and what not, along with creating drama and all that. (also you're a little bias)
    But as a friend, I think you should get a shot at interview

SuperDyl and lollisweet101 like this.
  3. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Well-Known Meeper

Thank you for making this point. Can you let me know of some instances where I have showed bias? I will try to work on it as much as I can.

(EDIT)

Thank you for making this point as well. Can you also tell me some of the scenarios and categories where I have showed bias? I am always working on improving myself for the greater good, and not change for other people.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  4. CasualMow

CasualMow Popular Meeper

forgeting about your things here... -1 you start alot of drama and are deffenently not neutril and only do something good if you benefit or a friend needs your help to get rid of commptition other than that id give you a +1 so currently im still -2

5. Viperfan17

Viperfan17 Popular Meeper

ehhh
    im at a +/-
    you're fun to talk with and stuff but its just the maturity issue, in my opinion
    best of luck

smkorpi and lollisweet101 like this.
  6. Pmx728

Pmx728 Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Media

Been in discord when someone you don’t like joined and you always seem to go off on them before they even say a word. I have No doubt that in a scenario in meep that you would pick sides.

OKNEM and Adam34falcon like this.
  7. lollisweet101

If it was a crucial or modreq sort of situation, I would have to make a decision firmly and not by the people I like, I would judge it off of each P.O.V. of the conflict. I don't take sides, I ask to hear both sides instead. I've sometimes favored the side of a person whom I may like a little less after hearing both sides and coming to a decision, and I am aware that even if I dislike that person, I need to make a good decision even if I may not socially like them.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    smkorpi likes this.
  8. SuperVladimir

SuperVladimir Popular Meeper

i think u should take a break from meep and make some new friends

legendcaleb likes this.
  9. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Popular Meeper

Yes you would, and you don't right now.

Good luck. Work on maturity issues.

Pmx728 and alex77034 like this.
  10. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin' Staff Member Architect

Unfortunately, Adam brings up a good point. People need to know that you can make serious and good decisions now, not when the position is given to you. If people can’t see that happening before you become a helper, then people will find it harder to trust you.

OKNEM, cooey, smkorpi and 3 others like this.
  11. lollisweet101

I understand. I will definitely try to show it more from now on. (I forgot to mention in the other response that I make good decisions not just when I get an opportunity, but when there's also a conflict in general happening between new players, friends, or other players.) Here's how I would do it in any scenario. Modreq or argument.
    1. Hear both sides of the problem.
    2. Read over both sides to see which one has more sense to it and not a trick/not a framing, and credible proof like screenshots.
    2A. Share and look into both sides of the conflict with another player who is involved within the case. (Sometimes it's just you figuring it out, which is why this is 2A.)
    3. Decide who's 'guilty'. (reg. conflict): and find a solution (modreq): and decide the sentence.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    smkorpi, Bokoblincraft and alex77034 like this.
  12. evilalec555

evilalec555 Popular Meeper

Little Hippocritical huh

Summers and SuperDyl like this.
  13. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy *:・゚✧Hybrid Time Lord Fallen Angel*:・゚✧ Staff Member Super Mod

Hi lolli, for me it is going to have to be a -1.

I don't think you have the right mind frame for staff nor the maturity needed. Maybe in future but not now. Best of luck!

Pmx728 and riri30 like this.
  14. OKNEM

OKNEM Popular Meeper Staff Member Helper

To back this comment up further. You're definitely not ready for this position. Patience is a key aspect with some citizens in global or modreqs, this single Discord conversation with me shows that you have none of it. I also can't help but notice that your application was similar in the "Why" section to Vexena's application, which was denied. What do you have that we don't already have in the staff team? I'd like a response to this comment before leaving my vote.

Pmx728 likes this.
  15. riri30

riri30 International Chocolate Eater

Hello Lollis,
    As I told you a while ago, I’m a +/- at the moment.
    Though you’re sweet and show a lot of ambition and potential, I think there are a number of things that you need to work on.
    First of all, I think that your constant arguments with Achrow weren’t greatly handled. Sure, you might have thought he was difficult to handle, but as a staff member, some players will make it their only objective to test your limits and try to get on your nerves, though you’ll still have to deal with them in a professional manner.
    I also think that you take things said in chat too personally, which isn’t great when you’ll be working on modreqs and community projects.
    Though I see your flaws, I also see a creative young person, full of ambition, which is why my vote isn’t negative. I just would like to see:
    1. What else you can offer that others cannot, particular to you, as others have said;
    2. How will you improve the way you take negativity if you haven’t already?
    Private discussions aren’t called private for nothing.

smkorpi likes this.
  16. lollisweet101

I don’t understand why people use private discussions against me when they really shouldn’t. It’s just not necessary.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  17. lanekids40

lanekids40 Active Meeper

+1 you are kind and helpful to others whenever I see you online. you have also made a vast improvement in your maturity. Also y does no one ever ask me to be a ref?

18. ~MiaCorn~

~MiaCorn~ Popular Meeper

talk to me when you can spell <3

SuperDyl and Pmx728 like this.
  19. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable Staff Member Mod

Let's take a look at a few of the major factors I consider when evaluating who would make a good staff member, in order of importance:
    1. Maturity
    2. Communication skills
    3. Activity
    4. Work ethic
    5. Server knowledge
    6. Involvement
    Maturity: It's honestly difficult to point out moments when I've genuinely seen you be mature. You're never one to diffuse a bad situation, rather the opposite, and that's not something that a staff member should be doing. As a staff, you're faced with a lot of difficult people, and from my personal experiences with you, I'm not confident you'd be able to handle them very well. However, maturity is one of those things that comes with age for a lot of us, so even if not now, you'll learn to become mature.

Communication skills: Being to communicate your thoughts in a way that people can understand, and actually want to listen to, is something I value very highly. Personally, I don't feel like there's anything outstanding about how you do this, but also nothing wrong with it. I can actually understand what you're saying you when you speak, which is more than I'm able to say from a lot of people, so good on you.

Activity: You're online a lot, plain and simple.

Work ethic: I honestly have no knowledge as to your work ethic, but just based on what you've said about being part of staff positions in many different towns, I'm lead to believe that you have a pretty good work ethic. As someone who has owned multiple towns throughout my time on meep, I know that it takes a lot of hard work to be a good town staff member, so good on you for that. How that will relate to your staff work I really don't know, but I have no reason to doubt your abilities.

Server knowledge: Through what I've seen in game where you're helping people in /shout, I have the impression that you have a large amount of knowledge about the server, but I don't know for sure. Honestly, you've been playing meep for long enough to where I just assume you know most/everything about how commands work and the rules themselves.

Involvement: This is the lowest on my list, so whether you're involving yourself a lot or a little, I don't really care. What I look for specifically here is to see if the more active part of the community actually knows you you are. I can pretty confidently say that most people know who you are, and you definitely have a presence on the server.

Overall, I think you definitely excel in many of the aspects I hold highest, so you don't really need to change that, however your maturity is a huge problem for me. As the 1 thing I hold the highest, you need to be able to maintain a certain level of maturity before I can confidently sign off on you becoming a staff member. Everything else is great, so try not to let this get you too down. Once I see a change in maturity I''ll be happy to give you the +1 you're looking for.

For now though, I'm a -1

cooey, Qazini, smkorpi and 6 others like this.
  20. lollisweet101

I hope to be a person that can really reach out to new people. I have enjoyed helping out new people, as well as being a guide for them for their future duration on here. I possess ambition, creativity, and maturity. Ambition means to have "a strong desire to do or to achieve something, typically requiring determination and hard work". I can prove that I am ambitious by telling you that I love working on new things that everyone will be excited for too. I am also very eager to help out on new projects that Meep is currently developing. Getting involved with something that can improve the server is one of my specialties. I will do anything I can do possible to help out in these future plans. As well as checking forums and discord, using my powers properly. I am very observant of chat and my surroundings, so I can possibly catch someone breaking a rule without anyone else noticing. Of course, I have to be very sure of it. I promise you that I won't slack off, i'll be of assistance to new and current players by first observing of what the modreq/situation is. Think about what I should do and what my strategies are, and then get involved with the player(s).

I have my own creative ideas that I would be more than happy to share. Maybe new additions or ways of helping others. I will work 2x as hard to make sure that the server reaches a goal it needs to reach. I would like to add that I enjoy writing my own essays and using a way of words. As well as interviewing and collecting information, like Clueless does in the Meeptimes. Maybe I could help him with that if he needs by re-reading it before posting, or I could make something on my own.

Maturity has been mentioned as one of the main concerns among my reviews. Everyone is immature in their own way. We can all act a little out of whack at times. I've seen some staff act totally immature on Meep discord and they usually don't end up getting reported. Sometimes immaturity brings out the best in you. People can be so mature on Meep and then act all crazy somewhere else. To be immature means to not be
    fully developed, or "having or showing emotional or intellectual development appropriate". I have underlined "not fully developed" because I am not a fully developed person yet. I still have a brain that is learning new life skills as I reach adulthood. All teenage brains aren't fully developed yet. There are some teens who're staff that aren't fully developed. They are still immature in their own ways, i'm immature in my ways. People mature as time goes on. Some earlier or later than others. Immaturity is one of those things that we always strive to improve towards maturity as life goes on. I always try to act mature, and I am mature in many areas that others may not be. To be so immature would mean to not understand others' feelings, constantly make fun of others/not support others, and only care about themselves. I care what others feel because the world doesn't revolve around me. I think that people should be understood and treated just the same as I. If someone is upset, I show concern because I care for them. I care for all of Meep, all of the time by always watching out for others and being by their side. So many people show concern for me, why not do it for them?

Of course there are still things that I need to work on because no one is perfect, and there are ways that we can improve ourselves. Our weaknesses can become strengths, and staff may help me improve those weaknesses.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 7, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 7, 2018 ---
    Thank you for pointing this out.
    I will definitely try to be more involved in things such as server events or projects! Even if I get accepted or denied, I will 100% try to get involved within the community. Of course sometimes I can't. Mostly, I will strive to achieve involvement when playing Meepcraft. Either fun, or just a duty.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018