1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

Helper Application from lollisweet101

Discussion in 'Denied' started by lollisweet101, Feb 3, 2018.

1. riri30

riri30 International Chocolate Eater

I believe there’s a fine line separating a young adult goofing around and a child being immature. Being mature can only come with age, and acting silly doesn’t mean being immature.
    Immature, and I quote, is
    having or showing an emotional or intellectual development appropriate to someone younger, and I insist on the emotional aspect when I say
    I simply don’t think you’re up for the job yet, though I encourage you to reapply if this does get denied when you’ve reached a mind set a tad more solid to criticism you may face.
    I also would encourage you to show your creativity in many ways, because I don’t doubt it’s great, so you shouldn’t be afraid to post your ideas on the suggestions page.
    After further reflection, as well as reading some other comments, I will have to change my vote to a -1 for now.
    If this gets denied, I certainly encourage you to hold your head high, just like you did when your previous one was denied, and impress the community with your obvious capabilities before reapplying.

2. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Well-Known Meeper

Thank you for your advice. Immaturity can sometimes be found in adults because they act younger than they're supposed to. I know a person or two who's like that in real life. A point: CuddlyKittens14 is staff and is still maturing, but not fully matured. That would make her immature, right? She may act more mature, but technically she is immature.
    As for criticism, I don't see it as "excuse me I have nothing wrong with myself you have something wrong"
    I see it as some advice, or a semi wakeup call. If it's negative however, I don't take it personally. If they think that about me, there's not a lot I can do to change that. Let 'em think that.
    As well as handling situations, I am going to work on being more strong in those situations and not handle it badly as I did before. I admit to my past mistakes, it's not like I am the most well-behaved player. Everyone is unique, and flaws can become part of your personality & strengths.

3. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Nobody is talking about physical age, or biological age or whatever you're talking about. We're talking about common sense, knowing when to be quiet, and how to be fair. Look at Clue; he doesn't let anything get in the way of decisions he makes on the server. I'd be willing to bet he'd demote his own brother if it was necessary, he doesn't keep arguments going (even if they're funny), and he doesn't do dumb stuff. (e.g. building innapropriate things, screaming a lot or swearing in discord, or being otherwise immature) It's not about age at all, it's about your actions

cooey, smkorpi, Pmx728 and 1 other person like this.
  4. riri30

riri30 International Chocolate Eater

This will be my last post, as I’ve already exceeded my limit, but no, Cuddly, from what I have seen, is in no way immature. Maybe I haven’t seen the side to her where she relaxes with friends and acts less formal, but from what I have seen, I honestly though she was older than I was before she applied.
    Now perhaps she hasn’t fully matured in her emotional aspect, but that’s not mine to judge anymore, nor is it my buisness, but what I do know is that she has a level of cool and an intellect rich enough that it enables her to complete her tasks and job easily.

OKNEM and Pmx728 like this.
  5. lollisweet101

Ohhh, I get it, that makes sense. Let me talk about common sense.

Common sense is a quality that a staff member needs because if you get in the way of anything, things can be delayed and some tasks cannot be done. I believe I have common sense because I am beginning to think before my actions and do anything dumb. And my action thinking is always improving. I always try to stop any conflicts, because I know it's disturbing to others. Many people wouldn't really care about what I am saying because I am not authority. Again, that's not a reason to at least try to step in.
    I may not be the most mature person, but i'm not the most immature either. I always try to act like a person that people can count on. A person that people can see as a 'role model' for their acts. I also understand when to and when not to get involved in things that don't include me, or someone else is already handling it. If I see a friend misbehaving, I would still tell them to stop just like any other player.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 7, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 7, 2018 ---
    Note: I may not have the best response to your questions/concerns, but just know it's the best of my ability.

6. OKNEM

OKNEM Popular Meeper Staff Member Helper

Thank you for your response; however, based on the comments of others and my personal opinion on you per this app, I will have to go with -1. Reapplying in a few months with improvement based on the criticism of this app? I would consider changing my vote then.

7. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

Honestly, why would you want to give up your fun for all of this? It’s not like you are just helping out; you are receiving criticism you just cannot handle yet. Nobody expects you to though, as you are so young. Honestly, from the screenshotted conversation, I can see you have zero patience; but once once again, not expected. In private conversations, you need to be sure to trust who you are talking to. Private conversations do matter though, as they got me demoted, and I am sure others have suffered the same situation. As a staff member, you have SO many new things to learn, and if you cannot be patient with a simple task, I do not believe you can be patient with this job. From what I have seen, you are dedicated but do not have the appropriate skill set to handle the job, as it can be very stressful and even agonizing at times. Just stay a normal player right now, and do whatever makes you happy.

-1, though I do wish you the best.

cooey, Adam34falcon, riri30 and 4 others like this.
  8. lollisweet101

Sometimes it's very stressful and agonizing to be a regular player. To know that no one will really take you seriously, to know that every time you log on, people really won't care except your friends. Rough times, man. Sometimes you can't be happy being a normal player.
    I've always believed that if I became staff, one of the effects on me would be my mood, it would elevate it because then I would have things to do, and I can represent a good attitude for new people. Even though my real life situations are stressing me out a lot, and that no one really understands you.

9. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

The thing with staff is that you have to take it. If you are just a player, there’s an easy solution: disconnect, or at least turn the chat off. Nobody is forcing you to talk or even stay on, and if you feel playing Minecraft is “stressful and agonizing” with no obligation to it, then I would just give it all up in general. Find ways to contact your friends outside of the server and just move on. Do what makes you happy, and don’t force unnecessary stress. No offense though, but if you cannot take being a regular player, I don’t think you will ever be ready enough to be a staff member.

Pmx728 likes this.
  10. evilalec555

evilalec555 Popular Meeper

You spell it without googling I dare you
    HYPOCRITICAL

SuperDyl likes this.
  11. sijo

sijo Popular Meeper

Changing my reply to a -2. Playing the victim card helps nothing. Accept the criticism/advice and move on. If you can't handle this mild criticism, and you say that being a regular player is stressful, you're nowhere near ready to be staff. If you're a staff member you need to be ready to encounter this on a daily basis.

cooey, OKNEM, Adam34falcon and 2 others like this.
  12. lollisweet101

It's not arguing it or anything, and I didn't take offense to it either. It was just expressing more of what he meant, not exactly being a victim.

13. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

stop replying to everything, it makes u look desperate

You post too many cringy things, so much that when I actually come onto the forums I leave when I click on one of your threads

Muunkee likes this.
  14. iKitten

iKitten Popular Meeper Staff Member Helper

Hey Lolli! So your app was good, and I know that you are a good friend. I agree that immaturity is one of your weaknesses, but you can work on it. There is nothing wrong with replying to everyone, I did that on my apps too. You are a great person in general, however I am going to stay at a +/- for this. Good luck!

SuperDyl, xAZN_SJx and Bokoblincraft like this.
  15. Bokoblincraft

Bokoblincraft Meeper

Maybe that was a little harsh....

OKNEM, iKitten, lollisweet101 and 5 others like this.
  16. Bokoblincraft

Bokoblincraft Meeper

why u guys so mean to lolli?

17. lollisweet101

Please stop posting rude comments and acting critically harsh. There is no need for that nonsense here.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  18. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Popular Meeper

Were not, it's constructive criticism. It does make her look desperate to get staff. She does post random and some would say useless things on forums. True, @legendcaleb could have said it better, but he is telling the truth.

They're not being rude. Like what I said to Boko, it does make you look desperate and you post random threads. You keep complaining and complaining about how life is horrible, you have no friends, everyone's bullying you, etc. If it is really that bad you need to see a therapist and not keep talking about it on a minecraft server. They could have said it better, but it's the truth. You are definitely not ready for staff.

legendcaleb likes this.
  19. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Yes, replying to everything may make someone appear desperate, but that shouldn't act against them. @lollisweet101 wants to be a Helper and she cares enough to respond to every member with suggestions on what she can improve on and apologies as needed. There's some maturity in that. It may have the wrong appearance, but her replying is her doing something.

I know there's a criticism here, but it loses all constructiveness by being bluntly rude. There's nothing here made to build up, only to tear down. Please, let's keep all comments to being constructive or kind. Thanks!

OKNEM, iKitten, Bokoblincraft and 4 others like this.
  20. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Administrator

I liked the application and the drive you have shown by working hard to work on the issues that got last application denied. I will say I am a bit thrown off at some of the comments on this application. I understand that we allow players and staff to post there opinions on applications but quite a few of the comments are not comments for an application. Also regarding a former player posting on here about a prior post you made about depression. I think that was uncalled for. Millions of people suffer from depression and most depression is caused by actions of others. So to be one of the "others" is just not cool in my opinion.

I liked your application and though I see things that may need worked on I am a +1 for interview.

Trexy, KyloMeep, OKNEM and 11 others like this.