1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/M53X5Zz
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

Helper Application from Piper N

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Piper N, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Piper N

Piper N Meeper

Member Name Piper N

Additional In Game Names: nutellacat18

How old are you? 16

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 5-8

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 5-8

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? No

References: Please give IGN's

When did you join Meepcraft? January 17, 2017

Introduction: Ciao! Hi, my name is Piper, I go by Piper :p.
    I love doing gaming and coding, I also enjoy horseback riding, I take lessons and it is one of the few sports I have tried that I feel passionate about. I spend my free time doing community service, I especially enjoy tutoring. I am also trying to learn JavaScript. I am a Junior at Garfield high school, where I take Spanish, which I really enjoy.

I although I haven't been on meep for that long, I am comfortable navigating the server and playing in general, I also haven't been staff on any other server, but everyone starts somewhere! I spend much time on meep and I definitely care for this server. Before I got minecraft I would watch my friends play on meep, just 2 months ago I rediscovered meep and started playing, but this was after one of the resets so i'll be honest, I wasn't quite familiar with the server right away, but I have definitely gotten used to meep and play every day every other week, due to having 2 separate houses as my parents divorced when I was 4. Although I try to play everyday I have horseback riding lessons once a week, but that shouldn't effect how much i play, just how late.

Why should you be Helper? I have listed some reasons of why I think I can be a valuable team member.

Sense of Leadership
    My sense of leadership is a strong asset which I am proud of, I think it definitely can come off as bossy, but also shows strength.

Problem Solving
    Problem solving is something I have always been good at. Compromises are something I think i important, as well as being willing to make sacrifices.

Respect and kindness
    I consider myself a kind person, and I am very friendly. I think respect is definitely the most important value, and honesty is important to me, but I think honesty goes hand in hand with respect.

Involvement
    Being involved in the community in my opinion is the main part of being a leader or team member. I am definitely involved in the Meepcraft community, although i don't spend much time on discord, I plan to participate more in discord. I mainly am active on Meepcraft forums.

What are your weaknesses? I personally think my biggest weakness is that I can be stubborn, if I feel strongly about something I will definitely stand by my opinion, sometimes this can be an empowering asset, but at other times it negatively reflects on peoples opinions of me, it can come off as rude, but I make sure to be cautious of others feelings.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: If this app gets denied, please leave feedback, thanks :)

2. TheLifeOfNacho

TheLifeOfNacho Well-Known Meeper

The app is very short, but you really state all of the points and qualities looked for in a helper. Although I think you could improve your weaknesses paragraph, the app as a whole is pretty good. Also, I think I've only seen you in global like once or twice. Try to be more active! Other than that, I think you would be a great addition to the staff team.

+0.5 for me ;)

Piper N likes this.
  3. EllieEllie

EllieEllie egghead Staff Member Mod

Heya! I've spoken to you a couple of times and have seen you floating about in global. I don't necessarily look for helping but just how active/chatty/kind people are when they're talking in /g (obviously answering questions is a must but just the willingness and capacity to help in a constructive and positive way is my #1).

Your app could have been a little longer, I'd have liked to see some of your points expanded with your experience of them but it has the general points which is good.

My advice would be to get to know the community more, and show up a little more in global. If you ever want any advice or anything, I'd be happy to help!

Good luck, eggerino

MoonlitMadness and Piper N like this.
  4. Natsu

Natsu Popular Meeper

Hola, Piper

I have some concerns regarding your in game activity (which I am not even sure when I saw you, because you barely speak in /g)

and also your discord activity.

5. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

You joined only two months back, myself I am extremely active and I do not see you helping out in global, or even talking at all

You should increase your activity and involvement in the game, right now I am a +/-, Good luck :eek:

6. Alexxaaa

Alexxaaa Popular Meeper

Hello Piper,
    things you need help with:
    - just be more active
    - talk more in global :)

SuperDyl and Piper N like this.
  7. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

hello piper,
    Advantages:
    -you seem nice

Disadvantages:
    -Activity on discord and in game.
    -talk more in global
    -stay in game for a bit longer than 2months because people will have to really know you if you want staff.

-0.5 right now. vote may be changed later.

Piper N likes this.
  8. Vexmae

Vexmae Well-Known Meeper Staff Member Helper

Hiya piper,
    So just a few things, I think your app was lacking a fair bit of detail and explanation. I didn't find it that outgoing and make you exceed the other people who are applying. I liked how you set out your application, as it was easy to read and understand which is great, but the real question is, where are you? I don't think I have seen you online. maybe the odd few times but your name doesn't ring a bell to be honest. try to be active and helpful, goodluck :)

Piper N and FallingGravity like this.
  9. Blue_marlin98

Blue_marlin98 Popular Meeper

I'm not sure how to vote her as I really don't know you that well. Your application was nice, easy to understand to the point. Everytime ive seen you, you have been sweet and respectful. Goodluck! +0.5

Piper N likes this.
  10. ldaffodil

ldaffodil Popular Meeper

+0 / -0

You haven't really been with the server but a couple months, and I have not seen you in global before.

You seem really nice, and I think you will make a great staff member someday. (You seem very nice and friendly.)

But for now, please spend more time with the community. Please be more active in global. :)

Piper N likes this.
  11. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Popular Meeper

-1, you constantly ask for likes. We cannot have staff members who don't know or respect the rules.

12. Piper N

Piper N Meeper

again, you are always attacking me, dont you have something better to do? please stop :|
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 19, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 19, 2017 ---
    i know you were just giving me your opinion, but other times you have deliberately gone OUT OF YOUR WAY to criticize me. you dont even know me, i DO respect the rules. ive asked you to stop before, i havent done ANYTHING to you

13. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Popular Meeper

You frequently post things like "Like this post if you support gay people". Thats a FACT. (You may have deleted the posts at this point, but you did post these things)
    Doing that is against the rules. Thats a FACT.
    So my conclusion is that either A, you don't know the rules, and if you don't know the rules you can't enforce them. I.E you aren't qualified to be staff, or B, you don't think the rules apply to you, if thats the case you most definitely can't be staff.
    You posting this only further damaged your chances. If you think that what I posted, which was IMO constructive criticism, was an attack, there is no way you can deal with the actual attacks staff deal with.
    Please source this. THE ONE TIME (I can use caps lock too :) ) I criticized you was when I was disagreeing with you on the debates thread. Again I'll repeat myself, if you can't handle trivial and in my (granted subjective) opinion constructive criticism there is no way you will be able to handle being staff.

Natsu likes this.
  14. Natsu

Natsu Popular Meeper

Since these haven't been answered, my vote is -1 and it won't change.

15. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

You seem to play the victim card a lot, which people really... don't like.
    You just seem very sensitive, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it can hurt you in a staff role. Accusing people of being something like transphobic is something that's kinda not liked even as a normal player, and as a staff member you're kind of expected to represent the server. You can be pro lgbt and stuff, this is probably the most accepting place I've ever seen about that stuff - Considering I have legit only seen maybe a half dozen proclaim they are against the idea, and only 1 or 2 people actually harass others for it.
    With that being said, there's no point in going on and on about how #EQUALRIGHTS and stuff because... well it has no effect here, it's unprofessional and people see it as annoying. even the people who agree with you.

I think, as advice, you need to take a step back and calm. Look a the person talking to you, identify if they are a troll *cough uno coughcough* and decide what an appropriate reaction to this is. Jokes are jokes and should be treated as such, if they are serious about it, respond like an adult and you will be treated like one. Asking if people are always attacking you, and saying stuff like

is not handling this appropriately.
    Even if they are wrong, smile and nod. Especially if they're wrong. If they're wrong and you get angry, that's all the more reason for others to say "nooo... no. -1."

I've no idea about your activity as i'm not all that active myself. I suggest that you participate in more on forums (its the most effective way to get yourself out there by far) and on discord, be helpful and maturish in global in game, make friends, take your time. People want to be able to trust you before saying "Yes, you should be staff." So take what the majority says, work on what the majority says. you need the majority vote in order to become a staff c:

In short: Be active, make friends, don't be so tense about debate topics, don't get angry when someone's being a jerk c':

Toastie, Cherrykit, Pmx728 and 6 others like this.
  16. Piper N

Piper N Meeper

thanks for your advice :)

Muunkee likes this.