1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

How did you become a gamer?

Discussion in 'Other' started by lollisweet101, Mar 11, 2018.

1. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Popular Meeper

The title of this thread has been on my mind recently, so I am going to share how I became the person I am today.

It all started with my Wii. Ah, the Wii. Such memories. The first game I ever played ever was Wii Fit I believe? (lmao) My brother played Mario Kart Wii all of the time. He unlocked all of the characters, including Funky Kong, Rosalina (yesyesyes), and even Dry Bowser. I watched him do grand prix, and I also loved racing against, or with him! Even though he won or was the reason we won most of the time, it was still enjoyable and fun! We would play for hours on end. I eventually developed a passion for gaming at around the age of 6 when I received a DsiXL for my 6th Birthday. It was one of my favorite things ever. In fact, it was a 25th Super Mario Bros Anniversary one, and I still own it; still perfectly functional! I played MySims Racing, Mario Kart DS, Weird Spongebob Games, Bowser's Inside Story, and more! (Bowser's Inside Story was the first ever RPG game i've ever played.)
    Eventually, we got a
    brand new game called Wii Party. I. loved. it. At the time, there were many options and endless different ways to play! During my 'development' of loving the game, the disk wasn't scanning into the console and it kept saying "disk cannot be read" or something like that. The disk was probably wasn't scanning because of the amount of smears on the gray part of the disk. We got a new one, and to this day, it is one of my favorite games of all time. I remember during the summers, I always sat on the couch in the den by myself for hours. I would play games like Globe Trot and Spin Off. When there were people, it was equally as fun!!
    Ah, the good ol' days. I saw my brother playing this dumb Minecraft server called "Meepcraft". This was when I was still into dolls and crap, so I wasn't having it. (I donated all of my dolls when I was 9-10.) I got Minecraft in the first place because I wanted to play on a youtuber's Minecraft server. I bought it on my mother's computer, and as soon as I had the opportunity, I went for it. It was so constant my parents eventually had the idea to buy me my own laptop! I've now had a Macbook Air for 4-5 years. I eventually left the server because of 2 reasons. One: It was causing me too much stress to bear with. Two: Pretty much the staff members were dumb as hell because they banned me instead of the hacker on my skyblock island. Someone reported me for "yelling at a player". (LOL)
    I then gave mEePcRaFt a try. I didn't really like it at first, but as I kept coming online, I met friends and had the most wonderful of times. It was truly an amazing experience for me. Life lessons were learnt, as well as knowing how to have some funfunfunfun! I built homes in wild, made some derpy structures in creative, and used the /sethome glitch in city to eventually complete it! Not a lot I can say, since my Meepcraft journey still goes on!
    I then heard of Mario Party 10 and wanted to buy it! It was sadly only for the Wii U, so I got Mario Party 9 instead. It actually turned out to be enjoyable for me, I completed the entire story mode and developed favoritism over bosses and characters! During the Christmas of 2015, I eventually received a Wii U! With Mario Kart 8! I loved Mario Kart games already, so I knew I would love it. I was more skilled than my brother was and I ended up beating him in almost every race! My favorite is the all-time challenging
    Rainbow Road. I also loved Rainbow Road in Mario Kart Wii, so pretty much RRoad is my all-time favorite course. I got Mario Party 10, and I COULD PLAY AS ROSALINA! The end credit screen is my favorite part because you can roll the dice and see which character you get! You can also learn their logos of you don't know them.
    THEN I received a Nintendo Switch on March 5th, 2017. Just 2 days after it's first release! Now, I have games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and Odyssey! I also still have my Macbook, and i've learnt to expand my game variety. (I do have a 3DS, but there's not a lot to say about that :3)

The current games I enjoy?

Meepcraft(MC), The P0rtal Series, Cuphead, Almost all Mario Games, Bendy and The Ink Machine, Miitopia, Undertale, and a few more that I don't remember on the top of my head.

That's pretty much me. How about you? :)

Edited Note ~ My white Wii a few years ago (4-5 years i'm guessing) wasn't reading any disk that we put in there. "CANNOT READ DISK" We had to get a new one (the deluxe edition), and my brother and I were devastated when we had to deal with the fact that all of our Mario Kart Wii save files were gone. As well as wIi pArTy! (It wasn't that hard to get everything back from my previous Wii Party save file.) All that hard work,
    wasted. The reason why it was gone? Well, it's a new console! How is it supposed to retrieve the data back? I have no clue where my Wii is, but I use my Wii U as my Wii since there's a thing that lets you go to the Wii Menu. You can then put in Wii Disks, and it lets you play all of the old Wii games! It even saves progress.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Pmx728, iKitten and GroovyGrevous like this.
  2. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

When I was about 4 or 5 (2009-2010) I started playing this racing game called Forza Motorsport 3. It was fun and all, and I regularly play it every Saturday nowadays.

Moving on to another subject, I used to go to this daycare up until I was about 9 or 10 and they had a Wii there. I eventually got my own Wii for Christmas 2015 and have Mario Kart Wii, both Super Mario Galaxy games, Wii Play, Wii Party, Wii Music, and Wii Fit Plus. (In Mario Kart Wii, I have unlocked every character except Mii Outfit B.) I started playing Minecraft circa May or June 2013 at the age of 7 on my Xbox 360, eventually getting Minecraft for the Xbox One for my 9th birthday. I also play Portal 2 sometimes. Last Christmas, I got a Nintendo Switch and rn it has Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Monopoly, Snipperclips, and Rocket League.

On January 19, 2015, I got Minecraft on my computer, which I had gotten (my computer) on March 15, 2013. A month later on February 3, I started playing meepcraft. on August 19, 2017, I got VIP. On February 3, 2018, I got premium, and got exclusive on February 10. I am currently saving up to buy Elite.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Pmx728 likes this.
  3. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

I don't really think playing meepcraft qualifies you as a gamer

iKitten, Toastie, OKNEM and 8 others like this.
  4. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

well
    I watched lots and lots of anime

5. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

beat me to it.

SuperDyl likes this.
  6. Wheathin5856

Wheathin5856 Popular Meeper

Thanks for typing this for me. Pretty close to my story

7. OsiasJupiter

OsiasJupiter Popular Meeper

When I was 4, my dad introduced me to Counter Strike 1.6. Till then I've been playing games for 11 years now.

8. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts Staff Member Super Mod

First ever gaming experience was a snowboarding game on a floppy disk which was snowboarding in 2001 but I only played it like 4 times because videogames didnt interest me and my first console at 5 which was 2003 and is when I begun actually playing videogames. NFS underground and Halo were the main games we'd play as well as the likes of Topspin, Prince of Persia, Spyro and vs each other on a strategy game oh and this street basket ball game that went hard, I really got to get my hands on that again.

I'd play all consoles when going to friends houses whether that n64, Atari, PlayStations and PC. We would mainly play videogames when its late afternoon because we'd be out and about for the most part of the day.

riri30 likes this.
  9. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess

My uncle played a lot of FF on a PS1 when I was little and I'd play with him fairly often. Growing up my cousins and I all had a Nintendo 64 or a GameCube so we played games together when we had the chance. Into high school I didn't play many video games until I dated a guy who was a gamer and his little sister played Meep that's how I was introduced here.

Pmx728 likes this.
  10. bloodyghost

bloodyghost ⊹ ghost corp™ ⊹ Staff Member Mod

I mainly got into gaming from an early age because of my fascination with computers and because of the Glorious Age of online flash games. My sister was a teenager at the time and she helped introduce me. From then I got into Minecraft from a neighborhood kid then on to other games (but mostly just Minecraft).

SuperDyl and OKNEM like this.
  11. Its_Madison

Its_Madison Professional Nerd

I have a friend who introduced me to the DS and Pokemon Platinum when we both were in kindergarten (we are still friends over 11 years later). When I was around 6-7, my dad introduced me to several PC games, namely Rollercoaster Tycoon and Age of Empires. A couple years after that, the same friend introduced me to Minecraft single player, then multi player when he wanted me to join a mutual friend's server. I found MeepCraft shortly afterwards.

12. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Popular Meeper

I hate the term "Gamer"

I started playing DOS BOX games in 2006.

SuperDyl likes this.
  13. ScaredyPants

ScaredyPants Professor in Wumbology

i played club penguin in 2010

14. lollisweet101

I hate it when people say, "oh is that a gaming thing"

SuperDyl and Pmx728 like this.
  15. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess

omg, I played this game called vmk (virtual magic kingdom) it was sort of like club penguin but it was Disney themed. Also, played Habbo a lot!

ScaredyPants likes this.
  16. ScaredyPants

ScaredyPants Professor in Wumbology

omg habbo!! I saw my sister play it once and she went to this diving board thing so ever since then i've been trying to find that lol
    so sad club penguin is gone now, the new one idk if it's even as good.

I'll check out vmk because you're never too old to play a virtual game ahhah

Courtneyyy likes this.
  17. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Hell yes.
    Hell no.
    Omg yes
    Omg no

lollisweet101 likes this.
  18. lollisweet101

its not like Meep is the only game I play lol

19. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

greatest game of all time.

Flipnote studio made more impact on my life than my parents (jk, still have like 4GB of animations on an SD card somewhere tho)

alex77034 likes this.
  20. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

bet