1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

Meep Public Radio (MPR) Update & Plans

Discussion in 'Other' started by lollisweet101, Mar 3, 2018.

1. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Popular Meeper

AIGHT
    Here are MPR's current Staff Members!
    @lanekids40 - Admin
    @Marshy_88 - SuperMod
    @KyloMeep - Chat Mod
    @FamousZAmos - Chat Mod
    @Achrow -
    Writer
    @jrs25872 - DJ(?)

The music radio schedule will vary, but we will try to be as consistent as possible. We'll be taking players' requests on what to play! However, there is a very slight chance that there will be a bug or glitch with the bots. In other news, we'll interview players and see whats been on the minds of other Meepers, as well as what events have been going lately. That's pretty much all of the details. However, I would love to have your feedback! The duration schedule for the podcast ranges from 30mins-2 hours, usually when the radio dies off. The news [on Saturdays] will almost always start at 3:00pm EST.

Would you like to have a space so your pwarp/store can be advertised? The maximum length for an ad would be 1 minute. (The time it takes for us to read your script, because there's no other way to advertise it than just speaking it.) The price for an advertisement space ranges from 500 meebles to 3,000 meebles.

"Seems pretty cool!
    I lied, this is more than pretty cool" - @xQuartz

Here is the ---> MPR-Discord <--- ;)

-Other updates and notices will be on this thread as edits.
    If you have any questions/concerns, please dm me on discord! :)
    lollisweet101#7241

MPR Ad;

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. Bobius

Bobius Popular Meeper

Yeah I think an advertisement section would be a cool idea and I cannot wait to listen in.

iKitten, agnd and lollisweet101 like this.
  3. Achrow

Achrow Popular Meeper

Great fun for the first time! Marshy's impressions are perfect!

iKitten, lollisweet101 and Marshy_88 like this.
  4. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Popular Meeper

Wonder if Mow would like them

iKitten and Achrow like this.
  5. riri30

riri30 The Fake Ironman Staff Member Mod

Music is great, enjoyable hosts and good music taste! Eurythmics ftw.

Marshy_88, iKitten and Achrow like this.
  6. CasualMow

CasualMow Popular Meeper

I am completely against this "mow impressions" and as I say this I am hereby demanding that any money that has been either donated or earned because of it is deleted from the server NO EXCEPTIONS, I was not asked to have these impressions happen and So I have been lead to this, if They do not comply within 24 hours I will file harassment reports to both the discord offices and Meep forums.

bloodyghost likes this.
  7. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

they didn't violate the TOS.

just kindly ask them to stop and they'll probably stop.

@Marshy_88 I have no idea what you did, but I guess you should try some other community members that would be open to you impersonating them.

8. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

there are specific exceptions to copyright infringement known as 'fair dealing'. Parody (or satire) is one of these exceptions.

don't get your feelings all hurt because you're funny. When I log onto discord I hear about 23583458 incest jokes when I tell people I'm from alabama. It's garbage, I know, but you're stuck as a meme. Nobody has earned any money off this and never will. Meep will not do anything about this as it has no relation to meep discord and therefore is out of their control. Discord offices don't care.

Absolutely not. Comedy can go as far as it likes and it's within freedom of speech laws. Don't say he can't make a joke, next you'll say I can't say the "n" word in discord because it's racist

ScaredyPants and Marshy_88 like this.
  9. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Good point. Thank you from stirring me away from the dark side.
    (With SJW's and feminists)

10. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Popular Meeper

20180306_105356.jpg
    It's all fine.

Like Zamos said, satire is key. It was all done as a joke when I was reading off your direct quotes live. It became extremely popular and I received payments to continue the impressions, amounting to 120k, give or take. All of the impersonations took place on the MPR discord and no where else, meaning Meep staff have no control over my actions there. Lolli, however does, and is a fan of the segment as it draws in many viewers. Meep staff will not remove 120k from the eco because I was paid to do impressions you did not like, and the impresion breaks no Meep rules. No meebles were exchanged for anything of real world value (e.g steam card, paypal, etc).

Here's an example. SNL, I believe has a Trump impersonator, right? Well, I doubt Trump likes this but it continues, and they're paid still, because of satire and freedom of speech.

So in summary, I will not be stopping the impersonations, stop acting so immature and foolish. Maybe if you would stop acting crazy, nonsensical, and idiotic, you would be a harder target for parody.

11. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

ScaredyPants and Marshy_88 like this.
  12. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Popular Meeper

dude, this text is like big af, how did you not see it lmao