1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

Mini games and Reinventing the server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xxKissx0, Dec 30, 2018.

?

What Minigames would you like to see the most come back?

1. CTF (Capture the flag)

55.6%
  2. Hungergames

27.8%
  3. KitPvp

61.1%
  4. Infection

55.6%
  5. Skywars

11.1%
  6. Dungeon

38.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xxKissx0

xxKissx0 Popular Meeper

I do not know about you guys but playing meep craft back in 2013-2015 was the best times I had.

Bring back CTF, Hunger Games, and KitPvp

This would be a huge help and reverting some of the major changes that made a huge amount of players quit.

I do not know a lot about plugin coding but even basic knowledge should help out with plugins.

Please if anyone really cares about This server Post your ideas Below on how we can get our server back to the way it use to be!

CTF Plugin https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/⚑-ctf-reloaded-⚑-kits-with-special-abilities-⚑-multi-games-and-teams-⚑.28331/

boombox123 likes this.
  2. NinjaRoxy

NinjaRoxy Popular Meeper Staff Member Administrator

Out of these I'd love to see kitpvp brought back. But also infected as it was one of the most played mini games.

Erebus45, boombox123, riri30 and 2 others like this.
  3. xxKissx0

xxKissx0 Popular Meeper

I completely forgot about that mini game!

NinjaRoxy likes this.
  4. Meznik

Meznik Well-Known Meeper

skywars :(

riri30, qazini and NinjaRoxy like this.
  5. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Aiden snaked Billy

It wouldn't be hard doing this, it would just take time to do it with the amount of people there are. I'm almost certain that CTF is being made but I maybe wrong. I'd love to see some more mini games implemented. Sure, people will say "oh why don't we put our resources into making towny work", well you know not all people want to play towny. Having a variety of plugins would benefit the server more as mini games are by far the most popular game modes on the platform itself. I'm all for new gamemodes

6. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Popular Meeper

I love suggestions like this. +50 this needs to be done sometimes I wanna leave towny go play a mini game then I remember all we have is Halo and Boomo

boombox123 likes this.
  7. xxKissx0

xxKissx0 Popular Meeper

not true there is also Spleef lol :D

8. Viperfan

Viperfan Popular Meeper

1. kitpvp
    2. ctf (meepcolonies)
    3. dungeon
    4. infected
    5. hg
    7. tntrun
    8. cake clicker

Meznik likes this.
  9. riri30

riri30 Professional Napper Staff Member Mod

I’d honestly love to see all the minigames suggested above brought back, though I’m afraid that, after much time is invested in their development, the current small player base either gets bored of them or becomes too small to use them.

boombox123 and Meznik like this.
  10. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

spreading out players is probably a bad idea tbh
    it'd be best if the minigames were possibly brought back but in some sort of rotation... like every 2 hours only one game is available so that people don't spread out between like 3 games and then can't actually start any games

or we could use the 'event' stuff that is already in place to host minigames, making it more exclusive and a rare thing to be able to participate in, thus encouraging more people to join in

boombox123, agnd and riri30 like this.
  11. Math_Pro

Math_Pro Popular Meeper

adding all of those won't restore our old playerbase. probably nothing will. minecraft used to be popular like 5 years ago, but died slowly. people have moved on to other games and have quit it entirely as well.

12. CasualNuker

Math it’s actually growing well meep is again we have hit 40 players like 4 times this month already and have hit 60 around 5 this year

boombox123 likes this.
  13. Meznik

Meznik Well-Known Meeper

A server can lose popularity quick, this might have been at the start of the year when we had more players

boombox123 likes this.
  14. CasualNuker

We had 10-15 then now we are averaging 20-40

boombox123 likes this.
  15. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

I'd love all of these minigames but the server seems too small to support them all. There would only be like one or two people in any given lobby.

16. the boss

the boss Celebrity Meeper

Walls coming soon!

17. ghost

ghost Popular Meeper

No doubt it'd be great to see these back—but it's more important to take a step back and examine the situation pragmatically. It's Tuesday, most American schools are dismissed, and there are 19 people on. The player count fluctuates up to 40 during peak times, but that doesn't change the fact that adding any other minigames would be a severe indicator that the staff have completely lost their grasp on priorities.

So little gets done around here that there really is no point in adding any more minigames only for nobody to play them. Besides, these minigames aren't going to cause any significant boost to the player count, because they're incomparably unoriginal.

Furthermore, I think it's interesting that you touch on the fact that a large portion of players quit, but seem to have a lacking grasp of the reasons behind that event. You're absolutely right, though, 2012-15 were the glory days of this server. Most of the "mature" playerbase of the server left a long time ago (the community was at its absolute best before MN, but I doubt anyone playing today remembers that, if they were even active), and Minecraft as a game has lowered in popularity. Now, before I get the people showing me graphs and statistics of how people are still buying the game, take a look at the plethora of MC channels that were popular during the 2012-14 era, and explain to me why those are significantly less popular nowadays. I mean, significantly is an understatement; they're just plain irrelevant at this point, and many haven't been for years.

[​IMG]
    The server's been consistently declining since early 2016 (I'm going by the fact that it wasn't as close to the bottom before then as it was for all of 2017 and 2018). There just isn't a way to bring back the playerbase without monumental reforms (possibly even a rebranding and changing who the server is targeted at entirely), reforms that I don't believe the staff has even considered, nor is capable of, in all honesty.

Erebus45 likes this.