1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

New jobs system: Debuff point system, balance all jobs + other suggestions

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Math_Pro, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Math_Pro

Math_Pro Popular Meeper

It has been a few weeks since the new jobs system was implemented.

After the first few days, I began noticing that lots and lots of money were being added into the economy daily. In addition to this, the price of items were rising like wildfire. Although 2m may have seemed a lot back then, it's really not considered that much now and can be made in a few days of solid grinding or a few weeks of casually grinding in a job such as digger.

My point is, the price of items raising is not because they are becoming rarer and higher in demand. It is all pure inflation; a sustained increase in price of items.

Now lets get this clear, 1m back then is not the 1m we see today. 1 diamond back then is no different then 1 diamond today. In this economy, price does not determine value. The value of a diamond is still the same and will mostly always be so unless a massive amount of diamonds randomly enters the economy. (Diamonds are always being created and spent.) With this sustained increase of meebles into the economy daily, especially when people are making a million every few days, the price of a diamond and other objects will keep going up and up until the amount of money entering and exiting the economy cancels eachother out.
    The price of 1 diamond is roughly 250 each now. A few days ago, it was 200 each.
    My second suggestion,
    I'm not the only one to notice this. It's been mentioned several times in global chat.
    Jobs are unbalanced...
    It is obvious that someone would go for a job such as digger rather than mystic. There is literally no way you can make the same amount of money with mystic than digger.
    In my mind, there are 3 categories of jobs; OP, excellent and bad. Something that would fall under OP is digger. Something that would fall under excellent would be builder and miner. Something that would fall under bad would be mystic, blacksmith, or adventurer. In my opinion, some jobs should be buffed and some should be debuffed. It's obvious already which one is which.

Fun Fact: If you joined Mystic right now, you'd make the leaderboard at level 1.

Lastly, I'm going to talk about /jobs shop and the tools inside of it.
    The currency used to buy god tools w/ and extra xp boost in /jobs shop is by points. It is extremely easy to earn points and get these remarkable tools. Yes, they may be good for grinding, but it also comes with consequences.
    Here's how:
    In the jobs shop, it features a pickaxe, axe, shovel, and rod.
    The god tool economy revolves around the first three tools mentioned above mainly. Now, in global earlier today, people were wondering why there is no longer a god tool economy?
    The answer to that: there is simply no need for one.
    God armor set and god armor swords are found in vote crates, it's really not that rare and difficult to obtain.

I disagree strongly with these new tools. If they can't be removed, or won't, make points harder to obtain, or make the tools more expensive, therefore allowing space for a god tool economy to fit in.

If some things don't make sense, don't hesitate to correct me. It is currently 12:40 AM at the time of writing this. I'd like to make one thing clear; I don't want any hostility on this thread. I want everyone to respect one another's opinion and see it from different viewpoints. Thank you for your time.

SuperDyl and CluelessKlutz like this.
  2. minetifa

minetifa Popular Meeper

I don't know enough about the new eco as I've only been back for a few days to say anything about HOW to change the plugin yet so I'll just point out the biggest flaw I noticed.

This is due to market control, seeing as players buy out as many diamonds as possible to raise the price to their own.

Obviously not true. The "value" of a diamond is equal to what players will pay for a diamond. If it costs more, the value is higher. Inflation affects value.

SuperDyl, CluelessKlutz and zsuzsu like this.
  3. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Popular Meeper

I see no problem with inflation caused by jobs considering what you guys had before this jobs change was rapid deflation caused by 0 economic activity

4. zsuzsu

zsuzsu Popular Meeper

Just FYI the sword is a troll wooden sword. I’ll edit with a longer comment later.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 14, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 14, 2019 ---
    Inflation isn’t necessarily a bad thing, especially when used to stimulate an economy, and I would argue it worked in this case. While yes, it is frustrating to see certain players exercise a monopoly over items and then control the prices, as you mentioned before it is easier to earn money as well. For example, you used to be able to earn let’s say 100k (made up number) in a day and you could buy 1000 diamonds with that at 100 each. Now, you can make let’s say 2 million in a day (made up number) and with the current price of diamonds you can buy more than 10000 diamonds for the same amount of time spent playing. This math shows that while items prices may have risen, it still has not risen to a value that would be equal to that before the jobs update, giving the consumer the advantage by earning more money in the same amount of time and buying more items.

Erebus45 and CluelessKlutz like this.
  5. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin Staff Member Administrator

Denied, jobs are constantly being balanced out and adjusted. The bonus tools have also been adjusted since this was posted. No actual amounts on nerfs/buffs were give, as well.

SuperDyl likes this.