1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

Our Generation's People

Discussion in 'Other' started by lollisweet101, Jun 17, 2018.

1. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Popular Meeper

Kids these days say swear words and stay on the computer all day. Now look, I might be one of the younger people on this server, but when I was little, I always wanted to play outside and hang out with friends. Never did I go on my laptop all day and cuss 24/7. It's when you become a teen where that becomes regular because of technology; such as youtube, games, or just plain schoolwork... In 1st-2nd grade we didn't use our computers NEARLY as much as I did during the rest of my elementary days. In middle school, we use our chrome books for almost EVERYTHING. I can only imagine that high school will be even more revolved around it.

Welp. I'm gonna add that toxicity is generally now the internet. A life skill nowadays is to not take jokes seriously that don't even seem like jokes; like someone mocking you... or calling you names. I was with @SillySilver earlier and we were talking about how the internet is filled with immature people that argue and debate and how everyone is salty about something they may not agree with. It's like no opinions are validated. Silly said, "Kindness is something that is very rare nowadays." I agree because it looks like now on the internet, on front of our screens, no mercy...

On the internet, a 12 year old who's friendly could act way more mature than a 22 year old who acts toxic. Does it make sense? It can if you think about it. The 12 year old welcomes everyone, hangs out, and isn't rude. Now, the 22 year old might call people names and will make arguable and inappropriate comments. Where is the peace? Nowhere.

Video games and tech in general takes up lives and seems like real life. Well, my point is that this generation is pretty messed up. I wanna see what others think about this because this just makes me sad. ;-;

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    SuperDyl, iKitten and EllieEllie like this.
  2. riri30

riri30 The Fake Ironman Staff Member Mod

I disagree when you state that this generation is corrupt. You only are corrupt if you chose to be. Life’s what you make it; could I be in my room all day, just staring idiotically at my laptop? Sure! Though could I have a great social life, hang out every day and do stuff outside of my virtual life? Of course.
    People who state that the tech industry is taking over, are in my opinion, those who are blindly following. Make your own decisions, and be the exception to that generation.

3. ScaredyPants

ScaredyPants Professor in Wumbology

I saw a documentary the other day, where a family with 3 Aussie kids had their technology taken away. Being like, 12 years old and having a hand held gaming device, a mobile phone a laptop and a tablet? That's crazy. But what's even crazier is that the kids went absolute nuts and threw tantrums when they didn't have their technology.

Honestly it's so sad that this current generation is glued to technology. Why can't kids just go outside and have some fun in the sun?

lollisweet101 likes this.
  4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

bc their parents are morons and don't actually parent them, so they get obsessed
    its easier to give a kid a tablet than to actually interact with them or deal with them

BlackJack, Marshy_88, Pmx728 and 6 others like this.
  5. Gaeyeong

Gaeyeong Popular Meeper

jello brains be like...

EtheralRose likes this.
  6. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

One time a kid procceded to tell me "Mario and Luigi" (the game series) was gay. He then procceded to tell his friends about the new Fortnite skins coming out.

His source: A youtube video from Ali-A.

TimothyJH likes this.
  7. Toastie

Toastie Celebrity Meeper

No need to call me out lmao

riri30 and lollisweet101 like this.
  8. b4ku

b4ku Popular Meeper

you play meepcraft

Math_Pro, Muunkee, MeepLord27 and 5 others like this.
  9. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

I have been enlightened

Math_Pro, BlackJack, Pmx728 and 2 others like this.
  10. OsiasJupiter

OsiasJupiter Popular Meeper

You payed 320 dollars for a rank in a game.

11. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Popular Meeper

that is sadly true T-T

I TAKE BREAKS MK

Tbh i'm hyped for the remake of Bowser's Inside Story.

Pmx728 likes this.
  12. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

For all of you that are spending your summers inside glued to an electronic device: Go out and do something. Treat yourself to some food and bike to the park. Call a friend and hang out. Go to the museum. Make a lemonade stand if you’re younger or go sign up for a camp. Meep is a fun place to go on from time to time, but try balancing your life especially when the weather is nice in so many places and you’ll feel better because of it. One summer I spent cooped up playing video games and watching youtube and it got pretty depressing after a while and also disgusting. Especially for those who go to grade school or middle school it’ll be easier to come back the next year if you’re socially active.

If you’re on meep all the time go do something else.

SuperDyl likes this.
  13. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

There can be complaints made about any generation. Screen-time is something easy to become addicted to, but as always, balance is the key. If people choose to balance their screen time with more active and social activities then screens aren't a problem. In the same way, anything else can be a problem if not balanced.

lollisweet101 likes this.
  14. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Mod

I do think it's sad I don't see many kids playing outside anymore and kids as young as three/four are getting tablets and stuff. But then I didn't get my first mobile until I was 11, which was just because I was going to high school.

it's interesting seeing the difference when there's not even that big of a time gap.

15. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

YOU WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL AT ELEVEN?

iKitten, EllieEllie and riri30 like this.
  16. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

6th grade, she's English.

17. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

I got my first computer in March 2013 at the age of 7, and then got my first phone (Windows) in November 2015 at the age of 10. However, I started playing video games at the age of 4-5, between September 2009 and August 2010. I've been on my consoles nowadays, but I take breaks to eat, go to the bathroom, etc.

I think it's just parents need to start getting their kids on technology at a later age. Around age 10, per say.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 18, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 18, 2018 ---
    Am I the "many" encounters?

18. Enron

Enron Popular Meeper

Problem with that is you need money to do it.

Honestly I don't see an issue with kids using technology this much, it's just the entertainment of this generation. Now they sit around on computers and phones, before that it was NES/Sega Genesis consoles, before that television, before that radio, and before that books. 10 years from now it'll probably be VR. There have always been sedentary people, the only difference is what exactly they're staring at. At least with online gaming there's some sense of social interaction.

TimothyJH, b4ku, Zesk and 2 others like this.
  19. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Literally every human I know swears, I don't really see the problem with it. Attaching meanings to words and choosing to be offended by them is a CHOICE. Choose to have fun, or choose to get angry.

Also, you mentioned ""cyber bullying"". Cyber bullying does NOT exist. If someone is bullying you online, leave the site or game. It's not like real life, escaping a game is easy. The things people call "harassment" on this server are so trivial it makes me sick. Everyone wants to play the victim and so we have a weak generation who can barely handle conflict.

TlDr this thread is an attention grab, you're part of the problem you're complaining about. Sorry. Technology will only continue to become a larger part of our life, you can embrace it, and have a fun ride, or get dragged along with changing times.

OKNEM, b4ku, cooey and 1 other person like this.
  20. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Those were only examples off the top of my head. Do anything you want, but the problem with this generation’s entertainment is it doesn’t envolve person to person socializing as much as it used to even before I was born.

SuperDyl likes this.