1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/M53X5Zz
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

48.8%
  2. Not so good, mang

51.2%
  1. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Active Meeper

If the GOPs breaking away from him, why wouldn't they impeach him and take pence. Pence is a cookie cutter evangelical christian.

metr0n0me likes this.
  2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Not even nearly enough are breaking away to think about that. The GOP won't dare unless they know a great majority of their party is for it, or he begins truly hurting their reelection chances. But take a look at the republicans who have come out this week calling for an independent prosecutor, whereas before it was a lot of "nothing to see!

Pence is caught up in this Russia thing too, he knew about Flynn cause he was warned along with Trump.

3. Blue_marlin98

Blue_marlin98 Popular Meeper

@Deinen
    Flynn lied to Pence....
    And IF Donald Trump gets impeached, he won't but let's say he will...
    Pence will be president (republican)
    If he gets impeached
    Ryan will be president (republican)
    And so on and so forth.... many Republicans that would take place....

MeepLord27 likes this.
  4. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

You seem to think we are anti-republican. Although I would prefer a democratic President, at this point all I want is a President that is respectable and can be diplomatic. I'm not anti-republican, I am anti-trump

5. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Active Meeper

Thats not what he was saying...
    He's saying an impeachment isn't that big of a setback to the republican agenda.

Blue_marlin98 likes this.
  6. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

No I doubt it, his arrogance is too high. He was trying to gloat about having the entire list of successors almost all be Republican. But in reality I'm sure most of us don't care about party, aside from blue who thinks liberals are the scum of the earth
    --- Double Post Merged, May 17, 2017, Original Post Date: May 17, 2017 ---
    Special counsel appointed to Russia probe

Erebus45 and metr0n0me like this.
  7. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

And not just some guy either. They are bringing in Mueller, the second longest serving FBI director. Held positions in FBI/DOJ under:

Reagan
    HW Bush
    Clinton
    Bush
    Obama

Plus the White House was notified after the order was signed. ;0
    It might be.

The fallout of Watergate led to the GOP holding almost no power for about a decade.

8. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Celebrity Meeper

Tbh I really wouldn't mind a Pence administration at all, besides the whole gay therapy fiasco.

MeepLord27 and Deljikho like this.
  9. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Replacing a liar with a liar isn't something I'd like.

Pence: Comey firing not about Russia investigation
    On another note - Why hasn't anyone from the Trump administration condemned Erdogan / Turkey for the actions of Erdogan's security attacking lawful American protestors?

I hope during the next protest of them citizens bring their lawfully carried weapons.

10. Blue_marlin98

@Deljikho I don't appreciate you assuming that I was saying everyone is Anti-Republican. I was indeed saying that the list of people that would be replacing the impeached Trump and or Pence are all Trump supporters.... so what they would want to accomplish (except Paul Ryan) would be pretty much what Donald Trump himself is trying to do.

11. metr0n0me

I don't know, and to be honest, I find Erdogan's actions very concerning. Normally, I would just assume that the administration is just trying not to piss off Turkey too much (as Turkey is a valuable ally in the Middle East that allows the USAF to use its airbases, which is a huge strategic advantage). Additionally, you don't want Turkey becoming a Russian puppet state, because obviously that would be bad--it would allow Russia to increase its influence in the Middle East, and increase its influence on several major oil pipelines that pass through Turkish territory.

But since this is the Trump administration, and Trump himself has had nothing but glowing praise for Erdogan (not even muted criticism--just straight praise), I'm starting to suspect that Trump doesn't see anything wrong with Erdogan's behavior. Let's just hope that he's out of office before he tries the same **** against Americans.
    He's definitely more sane and more diplomatic than Trump, which is about all you can ask for.

Deljikho likes this.
  12. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I absolutely get, and agree with your statement.

It's extremely troubling that security of a foreign national assaulted lawful citizens exercising their constitutional rights. I have to say, I'm extremely proud of those D.C police who were stuck in a nearly impossible situation and jumped to protect the citizens, good on them.

13. metr0n0me

Yeah. I mean, if Erdogan's bodyguards seem to find this completely acceptable to do to foreign citizens on foreign soil, what are they doing in their own country, where there's no media (Erdogan purged the media) and no courts (he purged non-AKP judges) to put a check on their power?

I feel really, really bad for Turkish citizens right now. Living there has gotta suck, especially knowing that you can't get out of the country (if you were deemed anti-government your passport was revoked).

cnkropp likes this.
  14. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Yeah, it's crazy how quick Turkey descended into a modern secular democratic government to a theocracy.

While I feel bad for it's citizens, I believe they have the same opportunity as any citizen under an authoritarian regime - They can and should revolt and assert their dominance. It's the only way to depose a corrupt/authoritarian government.

What is the most worrisome is Turkey's quick shift towards Russia, despite having hundreds of years of conflict and rivalry.

15. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Popular Meeper

This is a geo-political issue. European countries and the U.S are cautious about stepping on Erdogan's toes. He holds millions of economic-migrants within Turkish borders, which he has threatened to release onto the EU in the past, (the most recent one was the whole ordeal with Turkish officials campaigning for Turkish political elections in the Netherlands). Better to make him a friend, no matter how insane he is, then to be on his bad side.

16. Blue_marlin98

I respect everyone's views on politics and think it is good to voice your opinion. That being said, I find that it is best for me to back away from the debates for a while. If I do not respond it it because I have "I unwatched" the thread. Have a good time!

metr0n0me and Ranger0203 like this.
  17. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/...eakingNews&contentID=65315008&pgtype=Homepage

Flynn stopped military plan Turkey opposed – after being paid as its agent

:(

The Trump team did know about Flynn, cause Flynn told them himself. I'm getting pretty frustrated with all the lies.

@metr0n0me - Pence led the transition team, Pence knew about Flynn.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 18, 2017, Original Post Date: May 17, 2017 ---
    @metr0n0me

House majority leader to colleagues in 2016: ‘I think Putin pays’ Trump

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  18. metr0n0me

They don't care. Erdogan is increasingly popular in Turkey, because the educated people (the people who generally oppose him) have mostly left to Europe. Erdogan appeals to Islam to gain votes, and the AKP is specifically broad in terms of social policies, in order to attract the broadest support base possible. Therefore, he's insanely popular, because the conflict right now is: educated urban middle-class (who are emigrating), vs. the Kurds (who are being persecuted and are technically an illegal party) vs. everyone else. Obviously "everyone else" wins here.

So while yes, they should revolt and assert their dominance, they won't, because the majority of Turkish citizens can't see what's being done to their country. Of the ones that can, they're either purged, blacklisted, and watched by the government for suspicious movement (the thousands of judges, teachers, and professionals that the government fired and placed travel bans on), imprisoned (the military personnel and police who participated in the "coup"), or leaving the country (everyone who can).
    --- Double Post Merged, May 18, 2017, Original Post Date: May 18, 2017 ---
    Sure, while it's better not to make enemies with Erdogan, you don't necessarily need to praise him and stroke his ego, as Trump seems to be doing.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 18, 2017 ---
    From the article you linked:

Mr. Flynn’s disclosure, on Jan. 4, was first made to the transition team’s chief lawyer, Donald F. McGahn II, who is now the White House counsel. That conversation, and another one two days later between Mr. Flynn’s lawyer and transition lawyers, shows that the Trump team knew about the investigation of Mr. Flynn far earlier than has been previously reported.

Where does Pence come into play here?

19. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

January 4th: Flynn informs transition team he was under investigation for Turkey lobbying

March 9th: Pence says story that Flynn registering earlier in day as foreign agent is first he heard of it. Calls it affirmation of Flynn resignation

Pence led the transition team

So we're right back to best case scenario is incompetence, worse case something more nefarious.

20. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russia.

"Conversations between Flynn and Kislyak accelerated after the Nov. 8 vote as the two discussed establishing a back channel for communication between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin that could bypass the U.S. national security bureaucracy, which both sides considered hostile to improved relations, four current U.S. officials said."