1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

46.4%
  2. Not so good, mang

53.6%
  1. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Apparently Flynn's lawyers just informed the SIC he will not be honoring the subpoena.

2. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

He probabaly thinks it would be better to go to jail for contempt of congress than it would be going for treason, or whatever charge his evidence would support.

metr0n0me likes this.
  3. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

This would also happen under a democrat president. We need turkey for our airbases. Military action is vital in the middle east and they have a monopoly on our access to the region.

4. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Celebrity Meeper

I completely understand the rationale here; however, I don't understand why this has to involve praise of Erdogan and his tactics. At the very least you can just stay silent.

5. MeepLord27

He praised his security guards actions in particular? Trump made no defense of the beating of us citizens by a foreign governments thugs.

6. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I mean, regardless who is in the Oval Office and regardless of how much import Turkey is to NATO (Excluding their recent swing towards Russia anyway)

Security Forces of another nation attacked our citizens for exercising their constitutional right.

A response of some kind is needed. I'm not talking war, but this cannot stand.

metr0n0me and Ranger0203 like this.
  7. metr0n0me

Well no, but Trump congratulated Erdogan on the results of his "referendum" that essentially gave him unchecked power, and Trump hasn't really said anything on Erdogan's human rights violations in Turkey. And as Erdogan's bodyguards were beating up protestors outside, Trump "warmly welcomed" Erdogan to DC and said: "Today, we face a new enemy in the fight against terrorism, and again we seek to face this threat together." Nevermind the fact that Erdogan refuses to take a hard stance on ISIS, and instead focuses on killing Kurdish groups that are trying to fight ISIS.

And seriously, if Turkey is going to come to the US and attack our citizens, maybe it's time to stop being p*ssies and start doing something about it. At that point, if Turkey is willing to harm innocent US citizens on US soil, can they really be considered an ally? It might be time to start looking for another ally in the region.

8. MeepLord27

@metr0n0me @Deinen I agree that it's terrible what happened, but there are no good options. It might make us feel good to criticize turkey but we literally need them. Everyone else in the region wants to kill us.

9. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I am completely aware of the role Turkey plays in our worldview. This isn't about feeling better or making sure we waggle our finger at them - Our constitution literally gives us the power to be armed in order to keep tyranny from (our) government at bay. This is one of the fundamental and enshrined principles of who we are and our place in this world.

It is against the very core of our being to allow a foreign entity to come and assault our citizens for being American. I don't agree with McCain much, but god dang is he a good American, I suppose his suggestion - toss the ambassador out.

But to let this simply go us unAmerican and tyrannical - It cannot be done if we are truly America.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 18, 2017, Original Post Date: May 18, 2017 ---
    Gotta admit, that's just funny.

Comey once tried to blend in with WH curtains to avoid Trump: report

metr0n0me likes this.
  10. metr0n0me

I guess even Blue_Marlin ultimately couldn't defend Trump anymore...

Erebus45 and Deljikho like this.
  11. cnkropp

cnkropp Well-Known Meeper

5$ says the mods made him do it.

Erebus45, Blue_Marlin and Deljikho like this.
  12. PixelPizza

PixelPizza Popular Meeper

Or he's just not active 24/7

Seriously I was gone for 3 days and there were like 10 new pages

Blue_Marlin and MeepLord27 like this.
  13. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

House Majority Leader McCarthy: "There's two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump. Swear to God."

Paul Ryan: "No leaks, alright. We are a family"

14. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Bit of good advice from Benjamin Franklin - Don't make enemies with people who buy ink by the barrel.

NY Times / WaPo have been all out assaulting Trump for like two weeks now. I suppose this a good lesson to future Presidents to not attack the media / intelligence community immediately.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Ranger0203 likes this.
  15. MeepLord27

The far left media juggernaut is something that should be killed. The media regularly paints the alt right as white supremacists, they regularly take things out of context, and a day doesn't go by where they don't straw man a conservative argument.

There defense sounds reasonable? Context is everything and lacking full context I think its likely that what was said could've been a joke.

Ranger0203 likes this.
  16. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I mean, I'd argue that your group got taken over are radicals. Can you point me to alt right people who don't broach into nationalistic xenophobia?

17. MeepLord27

Milo Yiannopolous, Ben Shapiro is kinda alt right, same with Steven crowder. Breitbart is usually not white supremacists (not saying there good though). Sargon of Akkad, James Allsup, Rags, Bearing, Blaire white, Chris Ray Gun, literally the entirety of kekistan. The ONLY white supremacist with a alt right following is Richard spencer, and he is a speck. He gets so much media attention because the MSM is like "LOOK WE FOUND ONE" whenever he says something racist. He only has like, 60k followers on his primary platform (twitter).
    Watch this video and tell me they aren't trying to characterize the alt right with what this nut bag says:

EDIT: I literally just copy pasted a link that went to the video clip, I've never used the poster of the video as a source before and I've never watched him. I think Richard Spencer is scum, and anyone who follows him is scum.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  18. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I think the issue here isn't necessarily the media outlets, but the population that doesn't take things with a grain of salt. Fox News on the right is just as bad as the far left media (Which media outlets would you include as far left?) and Fox news is usually the most watched "news" channel there is.

But you can thank Roger Ailes for entertainment channels masquerading as "news" as he literally went to court to argue for this. Before that, news media was accountable for the blatantly false things they said.

Can you outline some legitimate ideology principles the alt-right hold to their heart? I have to admit, I have a hard time taking anything labeled Kek or Pede or Pepe seriously in any intellectual discussion.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2017, Original Post Date: May 19, 2017 ---
    White House looking at ethics rule to weaken special investigation: sources

MeepLord27 likes this.
  19. MeepLord27

All the 24 hour news channels are un-reliable in my opinion. I think it comes with having to produce content 24 hours a day, sometimes there just isn't that much news.

I would be loathe to speak for the entirety of the group, but judging purely based on the figureheads of the movement and my own values I think the group has libertarian-esque ideals. We think the government should legislate only in protection of our rights.

metr0n0me likes this.
  20. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Sure, it is mostly all junk. Are they always unreliable? No, even Fox News put a gem or two out there. But yeah, you're right - mostly it is junk.

So, then, you're a libertarian.

MeepLord27 likes this.