1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/M53X5Zz
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

Should Assisted Death (Physician-Assisted Suicide) be legal?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Homer455, Nov 3, 2016.

?

Should physician-assisted suicide be legal?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Under certain circumstances

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Good point, but I think there are a couple of differences.

1) Generally, in most cases, that decision comes from a family member or someone with legal authority over the patient.

2) If a machine is required to keep them alive in all intent and purpose, and without that machine, all vital organs will shut down, is that person really alive? People with pacemakers/defibs can still live a full life using these machines, but a person on life support still isn't living any life other than just being alive.

I'm from Michigan where we had Dr. Kavorkian (sp), and I support the notion of assisted suicide, but I would prefer it be from a completely different type of doctor, not the types who are charged with keeping people healthy and alive. I wouldn't want to be seen by a doctor who assists in suicide because any participation in a death is a traumatic experience for a person, and I wouldn't trust judgement with that kind of burden on it.

Ranger0203, Erebus45 and MeepLord27 like this.
  2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Meeper

So recently, near my school, a lady was threatening to jump off a building. This got me thinking about why she might want to do that. Why can't she die painlessly? Why can't she make it faster. I don't know how she could bring herself to actually jump off a building. Personally, I think all drugs should be legal. If you want to mess yourself up with drugs, that's you're problem and no law should keep you from doing that. That's your business. Sure I understand the laws, but quite honestly, no law should tell what you can and can't put into your own body. There should be other ways to commit suicide other than jumping off a building.

I want to hear your guy's opinions.
    Discuss

Ranger0203 and MeepLord27 like this.
  3. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

How does drugs being legal fit in with your story at all lol?

nath.banana and _SenorBear like this.
  4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

this was a wild ride
    We have people jumping off buildings, legalizing drugs, and physician assisted suicide

Pick a topic pls

5. _SenorBear

_SenorBear Popular Meeper

Topic: Should physician-assisted suicide be legal?

Ranger0203 likes this.
  6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

7. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

Honestly, physicians are the wrong people to carry out the act. Otherwise, I think people should be allowed to do what they want. Hopefully, there is a grace period or something put in place so that someone can't go into the office and get themselves killed that day.

MeepLord27 likes this.
  8. _SenorBear

_SenorBear Popular Meeper

9. riri30

riri30 Popular Meeper

I believe it should be, as it is quicker, cleaner and overall the best way to do it economically.
    However, it is not always lethal, and when it isn't, it leaves the person agonizing in excruciating pain.
    I believe that it should not be done in all circumstances, as a suicidal person should not have the right to end his life, for he takes a part of a close one's with him. I think it should be done in palliative care, when people are just agonizing, it's a way of ending their suffering and the stress of their family.

Also, I wonder how the doctor in charge of that sleeps at night, because accidents happen everyday in the medical world, but it's totally different going to bed knowing that you just killed someone in the day. Even if it was for his own good.
    Edit: that's a weird question by the way
    G'day. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 18, 2017, Original Post Date: May 18, 2017 ---
    People who scream out that they're going to jump of a building usually are the ones who aren't sure, and are looking to get people to convince them not to jump, because they can't convince themselves, by making a show.
    But please, even if sometimes it's for show, it sometimes is real, so don't go around to suicidal people's windows and scream "just jump off, we know it's a show".
    Have a great day, and keep smiling:)!

10. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Popular Meeper

"While some medical schools ask their graduates to abide by the Hippocratic Oath, others use a different pledge — or none at all. And in fact, although “first, dono harm” is attributed to the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, it isn't a part of the Hippocratic Oath at all."