1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

The "strength" of an appeal

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by PseudoGod, Jan 14, 2019.

1. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Popular Meeper

Was denied today for some undisclosed reason + "weaker appeal"

Now, I'd like to compare to this appeal today that got accepted
    =========================================================================
    Additional In Game Names: DaddyProteker,Proteker

When you were banned: 6+moths ago

Reason for ban: Acts against the server

What kind of ban are you appealing? In-game

Ban Length: Perm

Staff member who issued ban: Cooleysworld

What have you learned and why should we trust you to do better? I really enjoyed building houses.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Alot has changed since 2018. I wanna start the new year off right.
    ========================================================================

Now, I'm PseudoGod, and therefore I can understand that this is a very weak appeal. I have nothing against Proteker, but c'mon, this appeal is absolutely terrible- it doesn't explain what has been learned, has not demonstrated any relevant information, and even goes against the idea that an appeal is meant to explain that you're sorry for what you've done. We see from this appeal absolutely no sign that proteker even knows what he got banned for- yet, this appeal, this lame excuse for an appeal got accepted, whereas my appeal, which is succinct and describes exactly what was necessary for the purpose of what an appeal IS, got denied for a "weak appeal"

If you're going to make up an excuse to keep me banned at least be consistent about it, thanks.

boombox123 and minetifa like this.
  2. zsuzsu

zsuzsu Popular Meeper

Tbh I don’t disagree. Whether or not I like pseudo is irrelevant but the “weak appeal” reason seems a bit of a “weak answer,” if you will. Of course it is possible there was stuff said in private conversations, in which case I would need to consider that as part of the answer.

Marshy_88 and boombox123 like this.
  3. minetifa

minetifa Popular Meeper

to be fair it was denied in like 3 minutes.

Obviously you will assume I’m biased but this makes no sense. Make a real reason or keep the standards held and make the appeal acception or denial consistent.

boombox123 likes this.
  4. ghost

ghost Popular Meeper

I don’t understand the goal of this thread. Are you trying to put staff “on blast” and prove that they’re biased against you? It doesn’t matter, they can ban people for whatever reason they want, and they’re certainly not obliged to give a reason you feel is legitimate.

5. riri30

riri30 Professional Napper Staff Member Mod

There doesn’t need to be an excuse to keep you banned. Your history of toxicity and extensive ban history are what are keeping you banned, and this thread isn’t helping you out as much as a genuine appeal explaining why we should even trust you after such an extensive ban history would.

Erebus45, Klitch, CaliWahine and 2 others like this.
  6. Viperfan

Viperfan Popular Meeper

lmao

i was the 'ringleader' for say with what me and proteker did, i got unbanned before proteker with a longer ban history, this was really protekers first ban before so it explains why he got unbanned. you on the other hand, you're known to be toxic, ban evade, have a long history, etc. just because someone posted a short appeal and got unbanned doesnt mean they haven't learned their lesson.

Marshy_88, Meznik and _Peero_ like this.
  7. _Peero_

_Peero_ Popular Meeper

I believe the use of "weaker appeal" is in regards to your specific situation. Like @Viperfan said, Pro was just following in viper's footsteps, and once viper was unbanned, it is only just pro be as well. For you however, I think they would have liked to see more effort into something that was more important.

Viperfan, Marshy_88 and Meznik like this.
  8. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Staff Member Administrator

Actually, this thread is the reason I denied you. The greatest thing is being able to foresee these rage threads before you even make them.

iKitten, Erebus45, _Peero_ and 15 others like this.
  9. zsuzsu

zsuzsu Popular Meeper

Klutch has returned

10. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Popular Meeper

you got denied because you stink and you're mean and annoying

11. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

You get denied because you make these threads and get all salty every time

Maybe stop being so petty and people might like you enough to let you back

cooey, Courtneyyy, Marshy_88 and 3 others like this.
  12. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Popular Meeper

Huh???
    I got banned for a macro ban; there's little to write about that and at most all you can write is "lol im sorry i won't do it again"
    There's nothing to do with toxicity in why i'm banned ergo I should be unbanned.

13. Meznik

Meznik Well-Known Meeper

Like riri said, your long ban history, and overall reputation isn't that good, which is why you were denied

Muunkee and CaliWahine like this.
  14. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Not really, considering your past inability to control yourself regarding rules and your attitude as a whole

KlutchDecals likes this.
  15. Klitch

Klitch

this

and also you have caused more problems than I could even count (but I bet @KlutchDecals could throw # on here if he wanted to). your presence is nothing but a nuisance, and historically, you’ve proven that every time you’ve been unbanned. I’m honestly shocked you’re not blacklisted on everything, but that’s just me.

go ruin some other peoples fun bro

16. AdrianIsEpic

AdrianIsEpic Popular Meeper

^What they said
    You made this post not because you actually care about how appeals work, you just made this to complain.
    You're a nuisance in chat, you're a nuisance to the community, you troll on forums. Why would we want you back? You've literally done nothing positive for the server. It's kinda sad to see this from someone over 9.

17. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Popular Meeper

Coming from you, I find this to be hilariously ironic.
    I've consistently seen you calling others idiots (or, rather, 'idots') in chat, and particular you're often very toxic as your ban history has implied, if we're going to base decision off that.

As for your comment regarding "You've literally done nothing positive for the server" that is blatantly false. I have provided countless economic and halo suggestions that have fallen deaf on the ears of admins, and helping co-write ideas that Minetifa is currently authoring. In game, I stimulated the economy each and every time I've returned, and it seems highly coincidental that the economy stagnates whenever I get banned, as evidenced by the draught by the end of 2018. As for you, I've greatly helped you in gamma by allowing you to use my pwarps to generate traffic for your mall, and I'm amazed you would then turn around, much later, to say that I'm providing nothing good for the server, even though I explicitly did you a huge favor in gaining popularity in the first place.

And even your comment regarding the nuisances in chat is subjective; every person in my PseudoCorp is best friends with me despite the distance we live apart from each other. In discord I get along with essentially everyone whenever I go in voice chats, and most people would be apathetic towards my unban.

I made this thread simply because the reason I got for my denial made no sense given the aforementioned appeal that got accepted. I would not have made this thread had the denial not been inconsistent with what is accepted.

ghost likes this.
  18. zsuzsu

zsuzsu Popular Meeper

Pseudo, after reading this I 100% understand why you don’t get unbanned. You come off as arrogant, egotistic and narcissistic.

19. AdrianIsEpic

AdrianIsEpic Popular Meeper

1. I haven't been banned for anything related to chat but okay, I find
    2. You take toxicity to a whole different level
    I kinda find it sad you wrote this much just for nothing.
    ^

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019 at 7:31 PM
  20. ghost

ghost Popular Meeper

Why do neither of you actually address the points he brought up in his comment? I understand that it would disrupt the ------ to acknowledge them, but you literally only addressed two or so sentences of his long post. I'd say it's an objective fact that Meep's stagnant economy was better with him and his company driving it, regardless of his incompatibility with the community.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019 at 11:52 PM
    MeepLord27 likes this.