1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/h33wMwy
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Upgrade Now

What's everyone's SAT/ACT scores?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by PseudoGod, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

People saying 120k is livable
    Livable
    Man 120k a year is a damn dream for so many people, esp considering the average is about 56k
    Like man I wish lmao

Pmx728, Homer455 and alex77034 like this.
  2. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

its "liveable" in san francisco, other than that, those people are spoiled, inexperienced little kids with rich parents

alex77034 likes this.
  3. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Popular Meeper

What happened to your 80k/year gig as an "adulter"?

4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Right
    Im making barely 40k near seattle, its hard man
    Read above
    If I said that before I was either joking or I lied or I was a really stupid teenager that didnt actually look into anything
    Pm me the link to that comment lol Im curious now

Pmx728 likes this.
  5. Hornemans

Hornemans Popular Meeper

AHHH... I assumed it was just a standard name-calling session...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 12, 2018 ---
    No No No... let's make sure we are understanding something a 120k salary is godly for 95% of Americans as the average "individual" income is only $31,099. The average "household" income (which is mom/dad/kids income until they move out) is $59,039.

Look at this fancy graph depicting COUNT of "households" and the "household" income (note household is income of 1 or more persons combine).
    [​IMG]
    Read this website for more interesting and accurate information regarding this subject we got derailed on: Average Income in America: What salary in the United States puts you in the top 50%, top 10%, and top 1%?

Enjoy

Shellcode, SuperDyl and Pmx728 like this.
  6. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

Geez yalls at each others throats lmao xd

Homer455 likes this.
  7. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Exactly. Live with what you mostly need, not with what you want. A couple can live comfortably off 120k.

I don’t know why all of you are trying to flex your salaries and SAT scores please grow up and make something of yourself. :)

SuperDyl and Homer455 like this.
  8. Hornemans

Hornemans Popular Meeper

One could argue the fact that correlating SAT scores and Salaries are in fact proof of exactly that (making something of yourself).

9. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

he's a bit upset that he got a bad score and needs to justify it by saying "omg it doesnt mean success"

Enron likes this.
  10. 7acespade

7acespade Celebrity Meeper

40,000 a year is actually extremely good for someone just entering the workforce, Plus, you have two incomes. Your income will only rise from here. You have good work ethic too.

He's not, SAT and ACT scores are by no means related to success. In fact, a vast majority of colleges dont even require them anymore on entrance exams. I still think its a great tool for colleges to gauge college applicants on, but no it does in no way correlate with success.

okay liberal

EDIT:
    >CALLING PEOPLE CRINGY
    >ONE OF THOSE LOSERS WHO PUT ATTRACTIVE WOMEN THEY'VE NEVER MET AS THEIR PROFILE PICTURES
    >AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  11. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Having a good SAT score is great but why would you go show it off on a minecraft forum? Do something useful with it?

All I was trying to say was while having a high salary or good SAT score is a sign of success it’s not the only medium of success.

SuperDyl likes this.
  12. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

jesus christ dude, trying to make another greentext when your status is "My mind is a maze...*tips fedora*... get lost in it with me? "

epic ironic maymay dude XDDDD i get it because Y our An neck beard xDDDD

yea sorry bro, salary is the ultimate medium of success, im sure ill get a bunch of losers saying "as long as Your Happie in Lyfe,, Your Sukksessful,,,"

money is everything in 2018

13. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

Untitled-1.png

Enron, SSSoul, Zer0000000000 and 2 others like this.
  14. silverkid01

silverkid01 Popular Meeper

My SAT score was 1290.

Pmx728 and Lilstokes like this.
  15. Hornemans

Hornemans Popular Meeper

40k a year is actually above the national average of 31k a year... that is nothing to be ashamed of. If its hard it is probably more to do with your budget might need to cut out unnecessary expenses.
    No someone just entering the workforce gets minimum wage or about which is 22k a year... 40k is almost double that.
    100% truth!

16. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

I used to be pissed about everything you said and did, going as far as to grief some of your systems and properties. Lol I guess lately I see there's a bit of substance to you.

Anyways my SAT was 1350 but I'd like to study and get around 1550+. My grades have been below 3.5, but I'm aiming for a school just outside of Boston that will be able to give me many opportunities. I'd like to get a 4.0 (UW) with most of my classes being AP this year, along with volunteering, interning with a CEO, leading my robotics team, and getting that high SAT score. I'm also learning stuff about business so I can start a business sometime this year too.

17. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

I disagree. Judging the worth of someone based off of how much money they make/have can show success in some ways but it shouldn't be counted as an ultimate metric of success. Sure, having a high salary shows potential individual strength but measuring the worth of every individual based off of their salary has definite downfalls just as judging everyone's individual intelligence by standardized tests has downfalls.

If we use salary as an ultimate standard of success then the most successful people are those who commit themselves wholly and entirely to earning money. Would you not say that Emily Dickenson was successful? She wasn't rich and wasn't payed for a single one of her poems yet she still is a renowned poet with hundreds of impactful written works.

The lesson here is simple: never creative a definitive judgement on complicated ideas. There's a reason there are so many philosophical ideas on judging morality and that's because life is complicated. Life has so much about balance--most decisions cannot be decided based off of comparing one variable between different ideas. Please stop using metrics to determine the truth of something much more complicated. Just as the SAT doesn't prove how successful an individual will be in life a salary cannot determine the value of a human being.

18. Gaeyeong

Gaeyeong Popular Meeper

this thread can be summed up as follows

enron smells bad
    hornemans smells bad
    if you live in nicer areas, expect higher living costs
    ppl on minecraft forums actually think a 1400 is good on the SAT
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 15, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 15, 2018 ---
    another pseudo intellectual "philosopher" on the meep forums stuffing words he knows people on here dont understand into as many places as possible... 1200 SAT dreaming of CC btw

Khafra and Marshy_88 like this.
  19. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

what a stupid stupid and extremely naive post

money is the only thing that matters, wake up its 2018

also lol @ you trying to post some "smart philosophy" or whatever drivel this is supposed to be, writing paragraphs and using words you think are "big words" doesnt make you the next einstein buddy

20. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

It's not the best score but it's still a good score. According to SAT Percentiles and Score Rankings (Updated 2018) and Score of 1400 on the SAT, colleges you can get into with a SAT score of 1400 on a 2400 scale , this scores in the 92nd-95th percentile. That means anyone who scores a 1400 on the SAT as it is now (out of 1600. The old was out of 2400) did better than 92%-95% of everyone else in the United States who took the test. It doesn't mean it's the best score, but it is a better score than millions of other test takers every year. 1400 is a good score, just not a fantastic score.

I don't appreciate posts like these. There's no need to single out people to bully. In some ways you are both right: I'm trying to look philosophically at something without any warrant behind me to back up my claims. What I can say, though, I will. I'll use whatever evidence I know to explain my points, which I did. I'll depend on what knowledge I have about the world, naive as I am, to defend my values. After seriously reading over your views I declared my own view without insult or slander to anyone who posted against what I said. I don't appreciate when people take time to attempt to hurt others feelings.

Almost every word I used was common. I want my writing to improve so I try words and phrases I know and aren't used to as much, but I make sure I first know what I'm writing. I don't mean to confuse people, just to increase my future writing options.

Are you referring to me? If you think that's true about me, you don't know me at all.

Please provide evidence. I did for my position and I expect some kind from you whether it's logical evidence, empirical, or any other sound reasoning.